5. Live Up to Your Name

The wrong number AU that you didn't know you needed.

Thanks for the prompt @planttkiid
_______________________________________Will's phone buzzed violently against the cold surface of a glass table. He was currently sat in a bar with a couple of his friends drinking heavily, even though it was only five in the afternoon. He carelessly picked the device up, almost dropping it due to his slight intoxication.

Meet me in front of The Blackfriar at 6, dickhead.

A bit rude. Will thought and shook his head in an attempt to clear his fuzzy thoughts. This must've been his friend Stephen. Stephen told him he would join him at some point during the night out but he didn't say when and where. And Will was nowhere near the state in which he would remember to check the contact name.

As he was about to stand up and tell his mates what was going on, he spotted a ginger head heading towards their table.

"Wahey, Stephen! You here?" Will quickly rose to his feet and flung an arm around the other's shoulders.

Stephen steadied him as he almost fell over from the hasty movement then said "Of course. I told you I'd join you lot."

He wiggled out of his grip and plopped down between Cal(freezy) and Brian with a sigh, who both greeted him with a handshakes.

Will also sat down in the meantime and glanced at his phone screen.

"Why did you message me then?" The question was directed at the newcomer, but as soon as the words left his mouth he planted his face on the table. Burying himself in his arm he growled from the impact of it.

"He's hammered, isn't he?" Stephen chuckled meeting Cal's eyes who gave him a curt nod.

"Like someone on New Year's Eve."

The text was long forgotten, along with Will's question as the boys chatted away, the brunette trying to get his shit together as they did so.

~
George stood outside The Blackfair, hair styled perfectly, sporting a black and blue checked button down with black jeans and some Vans. It was currently quarter past six and his best mate Josh was nowhere to be seen. He nervously locked and unlocked his phone, checking the time every other minute.

He has to be stuck in traffic. He kept telling himself, as he tried not to look awkward on his own outside a packed pub. He didn't want to text him yet since Josh was only fashionably late but the urge to do so tingled his fingers. So after all he tapped on his contact and typed out a message.

Where you at?

No immediate response- no surprise there- and this made George more anxious than ever. His best friend wouldn't stand him up, would he?

He looked around quickly, trying to hide his face behind his phone whenever someone gave him funny looks.

He took a deep breath and was about to press call, when his phone beeped.

Unknown number: Georgie boy, aren't we going out tonight?

"Oh shit." He murmured and turned on his mobile data so he could contanct Josh on Twitter instead.

The boy must've given him the wrong number the day before when he received his new phone!

~

Meanwhile Will managed to sober up a little from several glasses of water. He was a light-weight to say at least, but seeing Stephen go crazy from two shots of vodka made the whole night funnier - he wanted to remember that.