32. Seven Minutes

The party had reached its peak already, the high and the fully energized mood subsided faster than they came. Some of the guest filtered home as others lazed around not hyper enough to dance or experiment with new drink combination anymore.

"I may be the host of this thing but this party sucks ass." Cal(freezy) whined, words addressed to Will who lazily leaned against the kitchen counter beside the taller man, an almost empty beer bottle between his fingers.

Will only hummed, eyes never strayed away from a boy around five foot eight whom he called his best friend. Said boy, George, was currently talking to a blonde whose name Will didn't know nor cared enough to find out, accompanied by two other guys James and Fraser.

"We should do something fun." Cal continued from beside him, Will partly snapped out of his trance just in time to look away from George who would've caught his eyes then if he hadn't.

He wasn't the only one secretly looking for the other's attention.

"Like what?"

"Spin the bottle."

~
Will watched as the glass spirit holder spun around in a circle, once, twice, his heart rate was through the roof as soon as it slowly but surely ceased to move. It's lid landed on himself - that was bound to happen, as for one he took part in the game so he'd signed up for this, and two it was the fifth round and yet the bottle never even got close to pointing at the brunette.

However, when his eyes ran over the glass, his stomach just about dropped, vision went blury for a quick second. Alex was the one blinking back at him just as horrified and embarrassed.

"Ooh, finally some real action!" Cal chuckled and slapped Will on the back. He had a point so far it had been only couples or people who chickened out. "Go get him, tiger."

"I-" Will couldn't finish his sentence as his gaze locked onto George's sad one.

The smaller man was looking back and forth between his room-mate and best friend, disappointment mixed with regret visible in his stance and eyes.

Will wondered what's wrong, seconds ago the man was flirting with some girl and now he looked like he was jealous or -?

"Go on fellas."

"A rule is a rule!"

Several guests chanted and cheered them on, most of the YouTubers present had no clue why and how this could do harm in the duo's friendship.

Alex rose to his feet earning clapping and catcalls the second he did so. Although, everyone waited impatiently for him to take off toward the designated closet, and for Will to get up as well, Alex was visibly stalling, face paler than normal.

He couldn't do it.

The twenty-year-old took one last look at George then with and abrupt movement clasped his hands over his mouth and whispered. "I'm - I- throw up." and ran out of the room to the bathroom.

Everybody stared in the general direction he blasted off, Will could barely stand from the happenings, as some was debating about whether or not go after Alex to make sure he was alright.

On the other hand, George wasn't worried about his flatmate for once, he saw that short nod Alex gave him before he'd pulled that stunt. He cared and he did remember.

Shit.

"He did drink a lot more than he should've." James was the one who broke the awkward silence and murmurs, nudging George next to him with his elbow. "But you do know the rules."

"What rules?" The latter asked in pure bafflement, eyes desperately searching Will for an answer.

Instead of getting one from the Geordie, the host of the party replied and explained what came in a situation like this. Alex was considered to he disqualified so someone had to take his place.