Chapter 15 - Paralysed

(Sorry! I forgot to publish because it's Easter holidays!!!💜💜 enjoy!)

Park Jimin was sent into emergency response, while Tae was taken to the less critical area. While the younger's injuries were simple to treat, with only several bandages salve for the burns and a bottle of disinfectant, Jimin's injuries were far worse.

He had to have a major operation, and the doctors did what they could...

But Park Jimin would never be able to walk again...

Before he woke up, they took him to Taehyung's room, and explained the situation to the younger.

Of course he was in tears the moment they said the words. They left the room to give him space as he sobbed into the covers.

When Jimin finally woke up later that day, the doctors allowed Tae to break the news.

He sat beside his bed, as if their positions had switched since the previous day.

"Taehyung?" Jimin smiled weakly. "What happened?"

"You were involved in a car crash. No one really knows what happened, but your driver passed out and you crashed... He was killed but I managed to get you out in time, before your heart stopped and the car exploded."

"Y...You saved me?" Jimin asked, trying to sit up and flinching, so Tae helped him back down slowly.

"Yes... but listen... Jimin... Your legs..." He choked, trying to say what he didn't want to say in a million years...

"What about my legs?"

"T...The doctors say that... That you are paralysed due to the accident... and you won't be able to walk any more... or dance... or-"

Jimin didn't cry out like he expected him to. He didn't burst into tears and start wailing like Tae would have done if he had been told the same thing.

Of course, Jimin was much older, but that didn't matter.

He simply sighed, looking down at the crisp white sheets in front of him, as if trying to process everything.

His legs were so important - without them he wouldn't be able to dance... It could cost him his entire career as an idol... after all - who wanted to watch a cripple on stage?

A small tear formed in his eye, rolling down his cheek slowly. The silence in the room remained unbroken.

Taehyung didn't know if he should apologise or comfort him, or whether that would make it worse.

"I understand." Jimin said flatly in a soft, unpanicked tone. "Thank you for saving my life Taehyung - that was very brave of you. You could have gotten hurt!"

"That isn't important!" Tae sighed. "What about your legs?"

"Don't worry about my legs. I will find a way to get over this. I'm Park Jimin! THE Park Jimin! Are your burns alright?"

Tae nodded, seeing that Jimin was keen to change the subject.

"I am fine. I managed to get out before the explosion. I only have a few cuts and bruises. It's nothing."

He smiled softly, looking down at the idol.

"I am glad you are alright though. Despite everything. You could have died in that."

"I have only you to thank." Jimin smiled, tilting his head and then frowning. "Wait... you weren't supposed to be discharged until tomorrow! Why were you at the crash site?!"