Chapter 20 - Drugs and Deeds

Taehyung smiled as Namjoon jogged up to him.

"Jungkook not arrived yet?" The older man asked.

Tae shook his head and patted the space next to him on the bench.

"He is probably working."

Namjoon tossed him a box of chicken, telling him to save some for Jungkook later. Tae grinned and began to eat.

The pair talked about this and that, laughing when Namjoon explained the story of one of his customers who got so angry about being given the wrong order that he tipped an entire plate of black bean noodles over his head!

"It took me ages to get my hair clean in the public toilet." Joon sighed as Tae cried tears of laughter.

Soon, the pair had to split up and go their separate ways. Tae followed Namjoon down to the road, where the older had parked his delivery bike.

"Wahhh..." The younger grinned. "Hyung gets to ride this?"

Namjoon nodded and smiled, putting on the helmet.

Tae burst out laughing as he looked up.

"You look like a mushroom!" He chuckled.

Namjoon gave him a playful glare and flicked down the visor, mounting the bike and starting the engine.

As soon as his friend was gone from sight, Tae smiled and took the piece of newspaper out of his pocket, looking at the pale text he had scrawled above "Yoongi's" photograph.

"Yagje alley..." He mumbled. "Yagje? I've never even heard of it..."

====================

"H...hurts..."

Jungkook flinched away as 'Suga' dabbed something on his bloody cut.

"I'm sorry. Just bear it okay? Then I can get you a drink."

Jungkook sighed and let the older man clean and dress his injury even though it stung painfully. He felt pretty woozy from the blood loss, and a drink sounded amazing...

"You are lucky he didn't cut your eye. You could have been blinded if he cut higher."

Jungkook sighed and flinched again.

"What did you save me? Why didn't you just run... or help them?" He asked softly, looking up at him.

"Stay still." Suga ordered, "I helped you because I know what it is like to live in a world like yours. Where the street is your home and you live in constant risk..."

He trailed off and reached into his bag for something.

"Dammit... I forgot the painkillers... I'll be right back."

Suga stood up and went into another room and a curse word left his lips.

Some high fool had broken into the room and was currently passed out on the floor. All the jars of pills had fallen on the floor and broken, and white tablets were now littered everywhere.

"Great... now I have no clue what is meth, speed or effing painkillers..." He grumbled.

He sifted through the tablets and picked up three identical ones he believed to be painkillers.

Going back to Jungkook, he crossed his fingers that he had identified the pills correctly and placed them in the boy's hand.

"Have a drink and swallow." He ordered, handing him a glass.

Jungkook gulped them down without hesitating and Suga settled him down with a sleeping bag.

"Sleep. If you have a home, go back to it later when the painkillers have taken the time to help."