Chapter 2

"Neaveh" I hear someone whisper. I slowly open my eyes to see Brennen "are we here"? I ask. "Almost" he answers. I look out the window to see him pulling into a parking lot.
"Brennen I've had much worse. Do we have to go?" I begin to panic a little bit. "Itll be okay, I'll be there with you. You need stitches."he says as he pulls into a parking spot. "What did I do to deserve a best friend like you" I smile and adding a little bit of sarcasm "You are yourself" he says before he unbuckled and hops out of his truck. I go to open my door after i unbuckled but Brennen beat me to it. He helps me out of the truck and we walk Inside. "Hello" says a nice lady at the desk. "Hi" I say quietly. Brennen helps me check in and we tell the lady about the cut. She got us in very quickly. Brennen helps me back to the room and onto the bed. A Nurse walks in with a computer and sits down at the counter. " so you're here for a cut that's about 4 inches long and may need stitches?"she asks. "Yes."I confirm. "And you're Neaveh Valentine" she looks up from the laptop and at me. "Yes" I say. My hands begin to sweat.
"May I see the cut" she asks. I nod my head and she stands up, picking up her blue, rubber gloves, and puts them on. I roll up my pant leg to reveal my blood stained leg and the long cut. She walks over and bend down to get a closer look. "It does look like it needs stitches"she explains. She stands back up and walks back over to her laptop, taking off the gloves. She types a few words and picks up her laptop. "The Dr will be in soon" she says while standing up and walking toward the door. "Get better soon" she says before walking out.
I roll my pant leg down to cover the cut. After a while of silence there was a knock at the door, then it opens.
"Hey, I'm Dr Green and this is Nurse Nancy" this tall guy, maybe about 6'2,
He was kinda cute.
Nancy looks a little like the Nurse that was in here before. She was about 5'4, very skinny, blonde hair tied in a ponytail, and freckles sprinkled on her nose, she carried in the supplies for the Dr. I roll up my pant leg for the Dr to take a look. He puts on his gloves and bends down. "That is quite a nasty cut. How did you get it?"he asks. I look down at my sweaty hands. My heartbeat begins to quicken. "I fell down the stairs. Lucky me my best friend was there" I say. What? I wasnt gonna tell him that my abusive, drunk mother threw me down the basement stairs. " okay, so I want you to put on a gown so we can clean this up and then stitch it" he explains I nod my head as the nurse hands me a gown. They walk out letting me know that they'll come back in a few minutes.
I hold the gown in my hands. "Do you need help?"Brennen asks.
"Not in a sexual way, like you know?"he adds quickly.
"I understand what you ment, and yeah. Thank you" i reply. Brennen turns to face away from me. "Get undressed and put it on, the open part goes in the back."he explains. I do as he says and let him know that he could turn around. He then stands up and helps me tie the strings.
I hear a soft knock at the door after Brennen tries the last one and helps me on the bed. "Are you ready" I hear Dr Green ask. "Yeah" I say loud enough for him to hear. He and the nurse comes in shutting the door behind them. Nancy hands him his gloves and he puts them on. "Have you ever had to have stitches before" he asks as he sits down in his spiny chair/stool thing. "No" I reply.
" you'll only feel a pinch" he tells me as he sets up his stuff. He grabs some cleaning stuff and begins to clean my leg. I look over at Brennen and he stares into my eyes with sympathy.
Brennen POV.
I stand up from the very uncomfortable chair and walked over to Neaveh, I give her a small smile as I hold her small hand. "Ready?"the Dr asks. She nods her head and closes her eyes. You could tell she was in pain. I wish could help her, she doesn't deserve this. I get ripped out of thoughts as I felt her squeeze my hand. I run my thumb in circles in attempt to make her feel okay.
Neaveh POV

"Are you ready" Dr Green asks. I could feel a high level of fear racing through my veins. I nod my head and closed me eyes. I felt a sharp pinch over and over again. I soon felt a tear run down my cheek. I soon felt Brennen rubbing circles in my hand.
I took deep breathes to help calm myself. Before I knew it Dr Green was done. I get dressed, and Brennen and I check out. The Dr told me to be careful and to not put alot of weight on my leg. Brennen helps me into the truck and he runs over to the drivers side and gets in. After we buckle up his phone starts to ring, he checks the caller ID and answers "hey bro, what's up" he says while starting the truck and pulling out of the parking lot. "Yeah. Hey can I bring Neaveh?"he says.
I turn to face Brennen confused. He looks at me and smiles then looks back at the road. " alright Man, see you tomorrow night then." He says. They says their goodbyes and hang up.
"Brennen who was that?"I ask.