To Be Ignorant

Dick had planted himself on the rooftop of Wayne Tower hours ago. The building was one of the tallest in Gotham and had a great view of the cityscape. It was the perfect perch to think on, and Dick certainly had a lot to think about.

After Jason left -rather abruptly might he add- he'd sat numbly at the apartment for a good hour. Dick just hadn't known what to do with himself after his not-so-dead-brother left. He couldn't go back to the manor because he'd probably tell Bruce or Alfred whilst having a breakdown, something he did not need right now.

So, here he sat, at the top of Wayne Tower, one of the tallest buildings in Gotham.

The wind ruffled his hair, and he let his mind wander. How would it feel to have the air ripped from his lungs if he threw himself from the building? Would he pass out on the way down? Would it hurt when he hit the cement? Had it hurt for his parents?

Dick placed his head in his hands, wishing he couldn't think thoughts like that. Was something so wrong with him that he constantly kept thinking about killing himself? Why? Shaking slightly -from the cold or emotions, he didn't know- Dick stood, wrapping his arms around his torso.

He moved to the edge of the roof, where a small cement wall had been placed, more than likely to keep people from falling off. Kind of ironic with the thoughts he was currently thinking. Dick laughed to himself and knelt down, resting his upper body on the ledge.

Was Bruce worried about him? It'd been about a day since Dick fled the manor, and he hadn't contacted anyone since the day before. Was Bruce scared or relieved? Perhaps he was even angry at Dick for leaving.

The wind blew softly against his cheeks. It was much more powerful higher up, but gentle all the same. If he were standing, it would've been the perfect nudge to send him over the edge. Dick sighed. Something was definitely wrong with him. Maybe he should call someone, let them know he's alive. Wally?

Dick rolled back onto his heels and reached into his pants pocket, pulling out his phone. It was at fifteen percent with ten missed calls and nineteen new text messages. He frowned. Guess people really were worried about him after all.

Dick scrolled through his contacts until he saw Wally's name, clicked it, and brought the phone to his ear, listening to the rings. Wally answered on the third ring.

"Dick?"

He didn't answer right away, "Yeah."

"Dick! Where are you!? Are you hurt?" Wally panicked, his voice fluctuating every other word.

Dick sighed, his breath rattling slightly, surprising him. Where were these emotions coming from? He was fine a few minutes ago. "I'm fine," He reassured, but it sounded fake to his own ears, "I'm sitting at the top of Wayne Tower."

"Don't move," Wally spoke with sudden seriousness, "I'm coming to get you. I'll be there in a flash."

"No," Dick half shouted, although he wasn't sure why, "You don't need to get me. I'm fine, really." He finished, cringing at the false reassurance.

"No, I'm coming to get you. Don't do anything, please," Wally pleaded towards the end. The phone went dead. Silence pierced its way through the speaker, a dead dial tone left buzzing in the background.

Dick held the phone to his ear, listening to the dead ring on the other end. Wally had really just hung up on him, hadn't he? That was a first.

It was just after Dick rested his body on the ledge again when Wally finally showed up. He was in civilians and his hair was sticking up wildly in every direction. Dick also noted the smalls bags beginning to take form under his eyes. He filed that away for later.