Chapter 4

I don't exactly know how prison works so I'm gonna wing it. Enjoy!

Morning started off pretty well, but Free Time was about to get even better. I can't wait. It's my first day here and everyone seems to admire me now, because of the whole 'escape' prank.

Alice and I had pulled nails out of our beds to scratch the floors with. Right now we were playing tic-tac-toe.

"That's not fair! You're cheating aren't you?" I was the one losing.

"It's called strategy." Alice mocks. She sticks her tongue out as she draws another rematch board.

"This time, I'm for sure to win." I get cocky sometimes but in the end, I'm the one who gets whooped. Unless you're fighting me. Then you better call the ambulance.

Another game lost.

"I guess I'm not that skilled. I want a rematch. But in free time. Let's fight." I grinned.

She had smirked and said, "You're going down."

"It's on." I stick my hand out and she shook it.

~~~

Free Time came after 30 more rounds of losing tic-tac-toe. Damn that girl was good. The guards had returned and was now opening all of the gates. Once the gates were open, the prisoners ran out into the fields. The fields had tables and chairs for people who wanted to play games. Which they provided cards. There was a basketball court with no basketballs. Once our cell was opened, Alice and I ran along with everyone. The fresh air tasted great. Even though I've only been in prison for several hours, it felt like months. Feeling the mud on my bare feet felt nice for once.

I turned to Alice who was crouched over a pile of mud, picking at a worm.

"You ready? Or do you need to warm up?" I teased. She jumped up and stood on one of the tables.

"All right everyone! Listen up! Yukiko and I are having a match." By then, everyone's attention was focused on me and Alice. Everyone was cheering and murmuring. Even making bets.

Apparently duels are fine as long as they aren't to the death. It keeps the guards entertained. They actually even have a circle meant for these duels.

Alice was still shouting and explaining the rules and what not. The guards are probably gonna want to see this. Especially since it's two 8-9 year old. Everyone else are old already.

I have been fighting my whole life. My father was a trained wrestler, until he retired. I would watch him and mimic what he did. I would watch karate shows and violent movies. Come to think of it, me fighting was all because of my parents. It was their fault. In the other hand, Yuki was being smart and watching educational shows, and attending school properly. I never really was cut out for school. Even though I was young, and I still am, I would ditch classes I didn't like. Or just fail them. My parents didn't pay much attention to me. But I didn't care. I have Yuki. Well, I had Yuki. I thought.

A silent tear slid down my cheek.

"You ok?" Alice asked. I nod my head rubbing the tear away.

"Yea. I'm just..." I didn't continue. I sighed. I looked up into her eyes and said, "You ready! I will warn you that I have had some practice." I winked. I stuck my tongue out and stepped inside the painted outlined circle. A big muscular man with tattoos blanketing his whole left arm stepped up on one of the tables nearby.

"I'll be the score keeper and the referee. On the count of three you may begin. 1..." I shifted my weight from one leg to the other. "2!" I bent down real low. "3!"