Chapter 6

I sat up in my bed and immediately grab my head. I had a huge headache and it didn't feel like it was gonna get any better.

"You awake?" I ask whisper to the person below me.

I heard grumbling and grunting. I slip off the side of my bed and crouch next to her mattress. I watched as her body rose and fell with every breath she took. A picture of Yuki flashes into my mind. She looks like her. Just a little bit. I hopped back onto my bed and rested my eyes.

A light rustling noise came from the other side of the cell. I opened my eyes and looked over to the bars. I could see a hint of red in the dark cell acros from me.

"Ryu?"

Then I heard sniffling. Is he crying.

"Ryu? Are you okay?"

He sniffles. I jump off my bed and dash to the bars. Why isn't he responding?

H-help me.

"Ryu!" I screamed.

I have to do something, fast. I grab the cell bars tightly and think to Ryu.

Are you okay? What's wrong?

I've been stabbed! He cried in my mind.

"Officer! Guard! SOmebody!" I screamed, trying to get help.

Limp over here so I can see you.

He struggles to slide his body closer into the light. My voice catches in my throat as I look at his blood-stained body. I grab the bars one more time, tears in the corner of my eyes, and pull. Before I knew what happened, the bars were bent outwards. Without another thought, I slip through.

I dash over to his cell and bent the bars again. I slipped in and knelt next to a bleeding red-headed boy.

"Ryu, keep your eyes open! I'm gonna get help!" I watched as his eyelids started to droop. "Stay awake!"

I turned around, and there was Alice, slipping through the bars. She crouched next to me, her eyes wide with fear.

"Is he okay?"

"No. I need you to go get a guard or some kind of help," I ordered. "I'll keep Ryu awake."

"Ok," and with that, she dashed away.

I could hear rustling, knowing that everyone is starting to wake up. I focus my attention back on the bleeding person in my arms.

"Stay with me Ryu," I whisper. "Everything is gonna be ok," I stroke his hair as he watches me through squinted eyelids.

Thank you, Yukiko. I owe you one.

Every friend would do this.

Not every friend, he sadly replies.

"Well, then they're just not friends," I say aloud. "Could you tell me where you were stabbed?"

He lifts his shakey hand slowly. He drops it in his heart with a wince.

My eyes grow wide as I remember holding Yuki, dying in my arms. I started to cry.

"Who did this to you?"

Again he lifts his hand and points to my thigh, where I can feel the dagger heating up with joy. Tears start streaming from my eyes.

"I'm so sorry," I cover my mouth, to hid the loud sobbing noises.

My vision goes blurry and before I knew it, I was being pulled away. The last thing I remember was Ryu whispering something in my head and then, I was out like a light.