Prologue

It was quiet for that day. There were no sea gulls to be seen. The sun also seemed shrouded in mist though there was no cloud to be seen. Its heat seemed stolen away. The ships that returned from the sea with fresh fish catch were empty, those that were caught were skinny and bony, useless to fill the appetites of elves. The whole mood of the town seemed gloomy, no elves outside their homes. The vendors were sitting idly, their stalls void of any customers. The night swiftly came that day, bringing an unusual darkness with it. 

The air was still. No sea breeze to be felt. The environment was tense, the air holding its breath. It was calm before the storm , deep breath before the plunge....

Black sails faintly outlined the vision that only the keenest of eyes could see. Moon was covered by clouds. Clouds that spoke doom. There was a shrill whistle, an arrow that struck a guard with a soft thud, then another and another until all watchmen(or watch-elves) were sent into the claws of death. Thousand torches were lit at once but there was no eye to watch. All were asleep and peaceful in their houses, no one expecting this fate. But fate is unpredictable.

Then it began.....

                            •••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
So do u guys like it? It is short but I will update it again. Positive criticism is appreciated as it would help me in improving my writing skills. Hope y'all have a nice day!