t w o

"Why?" He asks.

"Because no one likes me," I shrug sadly. "I'm sure that's not true." Luke replies. I shrug again. No one likes me, that's true. Everyone thinks I'm weird and emo, which isn't true. I don't have any friends and I listen to loud music. People tend to stay away from me.

"2 - what's your favourite movie?" He asks agin looking at his sheet of paper. "Footloose," I answer easily. "I love that movie," Luke smiles. "Me too," I nod awkwardly. "3 - who's your favourite music artist?" Luke questions. "I like Sleeping with Sirens, and Rammstein, and Black Sabbath and um... Blink 182... And Green Day." I reply. Luke smiles again, "You have a great taste in music." He compliments writing down my answer. "Really?" I ask. I didn't know he listens to this music. "Yeah, I love Blink 182 and Green Day!" He replies. "Awesome." I grin. This may not be that bad after all, "4- Who's your inspiration?" Luke asks. "Uh... I don't know." I answer. Luke looks surprised, "Why not?" He asks. "I don't really know... Can we please just skip this question?" I ask sadly. Luke picks up my uncomfortable gesture and nods, "5 - What do you want to do out of school?" Luke asks again. "I want to do something involving music, anything really." I answer again. Luke nods, writing down my answer. "I love music too, do you play anything?" He questions. "I play the guitar, not very well though." I reply. "I play the guitar too," he smiles.

"Okay, now it's your turn I guess.... Tell me about yourself."

"I'm 17 and I like penguins."

"What's your favourite movie?"

"I have too many."

"Who's your favourite music artist?"

"Green Day and Blink 182."

"Who's your inspiration?"

"Probably my brothers,"

"What do you want to do out of school?"

"Play in arenas all around the world with my band."

- - -

"Alright class, that's it for today. I'll see you tomorrow, and don't forget to pick up your copy of the novel at the library. Goodbye!" Mrs. Eden says as the bell rings. I pick up my belongings and wait for the class to exit the room, but Luke looks at me with confusion as I stand behind the desk. "Aren't you coming?" He asks. I nod slowly as I slowly walk up to the front of the class, avoiding peoples gazes. "Why are you walking so slow?" He asks. "You ask too many questions." I reply. When everyone exits the room, I make my way out of the door. Luke is already ahead and off to his next class, so I take my time. I walk past rows upon rows of lockers, past classrooms and past people running to make it to class in time. The whole time I keep my head low, and my books to my chest.

"Hello, Jessie." Mr. Allow says as I enter the music room, I smile weakly before making my way towards the back of the room. "Okay, class! There are different stations! To the right are the guitars, then the drum kits. To the left are the pianos and keyboards, to the back are the flutes, recorders and so on. Go to a station you would like to learn, and have fun!" He calls and the class stand up, ,army their way to different stations. I slowly walk to the guitar stools, where I sit down and take a brown wooden acoustic guitar off of the rack behind me. The school provides the instruments and equipment, which is awesome in my opinion.

I take a pick from a little plastic container and tune my guitar using my phone, while a boy sits next to me at the drum kits. I start to tune the A chord but he starts hitting the drums. I sigh in annoyance, and try again but will all the noise I can't tune it. "Excuse me, but cut that shit out." I hiss at him. His eyes meet mine and he smiles, "Oh, sorry!" He has light brown hair with hazel eyes, and he's twirling his drum sticks. I get back to tuning my guitar but it's not working, "Need some help?" The boy asks. I nod slightly and he gets up, a,king his way to the stool next to me. He's wearing black jeans with the knees ripped, black boots and a Rolling Stones shirt. His muscles are easily defined and so are his dimples, "I'm Ashton," he says as he sits next to me. "Jessie," I reply. He takes the guitar and tunes it, showing me how to play different chords and talking to me without thinking about it.

"Why are you talking to me?" I shyly ask. Ashton looks confused, "What do you mean?" He questions with raised eyebrows. "No one talk to me, they think I'm weird." I sigh. "I don't think you're weird, you're pretty cool. And I like your hair!" He giggles.

He giggled.

What the duckling.

"Thanks," I say and blush at the compliment. No one really likes my hair, they think it's weird.

I have pastel purple hair that's blue at the roots, blue eyes and a nose piercing. The population of this school seem to think I'm emo, but I prefer the term grunge. At the moment I'm wearing black jeans, black converse and an oversize t-shirt. My hair is down to my ribs and I'm wearing a lot of bracelets. I like the way I dress but no one else does. "So, are you like, a rocker chick or something?" Ashton asks. I shrug, "Kinda. I like the grunge style, but everyone thinks I'm emo." I chuckle. Ashton looks at me in disbelief, "God. People are so stupid, it's obvious you're not emo." He laughs.

"You're the only one who think so."