19

Lola
After what happened yesterday, I had to cool myself off and to turn my phone off. A phone isn't that important to me and will continue being non important. As I was cooking lunch, there was a knock at my door. I looked through the peephole and there stood Keenon. I opened the door and walked back to the kitchen.
"Lo?? Why every time I call it go straight to voicemail?"
"I shut my phone off."
"Why you didn't let me know?? I was lowkey worried about you." I scrunched up my face.
"Woww lowkey. That's tuff." He laughed.
"What was wrong yesterday though??"
"It's crazy that you even asking. You were standing right there when she called me a hoe. All I got to say is that, if you don't talk o her about the disrespect, I will. And that's just that."
"Look I got you Lo. What you cooking though?"
"Asparagus, corn, shrimp, and rice. Something light."
"Yea sum ion want either."
"Wasn't for you in the first place foo." There was a knock at the door and I went to open it. Neeki was standing at the door with his hand on his hip.
"Now Girl i know damn well you saw me calling you." Neeki walked in and saw Keenon. He rolled his eyes and went to my room. He came back out and sat on the counter next to me. "I cut my phone off so no I didn't see you calling me." I stated.
"Woww and you didn't tell me?? Anyways what is he doing here?" Neeki asked.
"He came to see me. Why are you here?"
"Girl i came to talk about my problems. They just keep adding on."
"Look Lo, I'll call you later. I got to go handle some business." Keenon said. He hugged and kissed my cheek. He left and Neeki rolled his eyes again.
"Girl, i thought you dumped his ass."
"Neeki shut up. Now what you want to talk about??"
"Welllllll i went to see Esten today andddd once again it didn't go so well. He didn't want to talk or nothing." Neeki said with a sigh.
"I told you it was going to take time. Stop talking to him right now."
"I canttttt. I miss him Lola."
"Well you should have thought about that before you went and cheated. Now you have to deal with it." Neeki rolled his eyes and grabbed an asparagus from the pan. He cooled it off and ate it.
"Disrespect rump." I stated. Looking at the time, it was 12 p.m. at 1:30, I had to get ready so I can go to Jamari's play this afternoon. Jamari begged me to go so I agreed. I ate my food and talked to Neeki some more. We went into my room and I got dressed.
"Lola, you and Steph lookin and acting like a family....you got something to tell me?" Neeki asked. I rolled my eyes.
"Nope. Steph and I are just really good friends. That's it and that's all. Besides, he didn't invite me, his son did."
"Girl, y'all might as well just get together. His son obviously likes you, so why not?". I looked at Neeki.
"Ummm hello, I'm in a relationship."
"Girl, fuck that relationship."
"See that's your problem Neeki. That is exactly why you aren't in one." Neeki smacked his lips. After getting dressed, Steph texted me the school address and I left the house. Neeki was spending the night at my house so he stayed and locked my doors. I went downstairs and to my car and got in. I put in the address and drove off. I had a candy bag, a gift bag, and some more candy in the car for Jamari. When I arrived to the school, I saw Steph and his baby mother sitting down. I decided to sit away from them so they can enjoy their son's play. As the play went on, I recorded little pieces of the play. Jamari was the cutest one on stage. After the play, Steph and Jamari's mother went backstage to congratulate him. 10 minutes later, I came back stage with a balloon and a goody bag. He ran to me and I picked him up.
"You're here!!! I thought you weren't going to come." Jamari said.
"Why would miss this?? You did great out there . I'm proud of you." He hugged me. He looked at the stuff in my hands.
"Is this for me??" He asked with a smirk on his face.
"It's yours.... IF you give a piece to your mom and dad." He looked at me with a straight face and I whispered in his ear, "I have more candy in the car for you." He smiled and I put him down. He gave a piece to Steph and his mom and ran off. I went over there. I hugged Steph and looked at Jamari's mother. I smiled and put out my hand.
"Hello, nice to meet you. My name is Lola." She smiled and shook my hand.
"Nice to officially meet you as well. Jamari has been telling me about you ever since you told him you were making dinosaur shirts." I chuckled.
"Speaking of that, I have 2 of the shirts in my car. I finished them yesterday night." We continued to talk and Jamari came back. We walked to my car and I told Jamari close his eyes. I took the bag out of my car, and placed it in his hand. I told him open his eyes. He looked in the bag and his eyes got wide. He dropped the bag and ran to my leg. He hugged me tightly. I picked him up.
"You like them??"
"I love them. Their awesome!! I'm wearing one to school tomorrow!!" I laughed. His mom picked him up and took him to Steph's car. It was just Steph and I now. "I'm glad that you made it Lola." Steph said.
"Yea I had to make sure everything was good before I came. I couldn't miss this." I replied. We continued to talk for a while and he opened my door for me to get in.
"We are having dinner at my place tonight, would you like to come?" Steph asked.
"Yea sure. Just text me the time." He replied with an okay and left. I drove home and told Neeki about the play.