24

Lola
I woke up around 7:30 a.m. and stretched, only to realize, Keenon was still on top of me. I shook my head and rubbed his head gently. I quietly got from under him and went to the bathroom to do my hygiene. After i was done, i put on some pats and flip flops and went downstairs to the kitchen. Keenon can't have meat anymore because of health issues  soooo we are on this vegan diet together. With that being said, i made a vegan breakfast one of my good friends told me about. I gathered my supplies and laid them out on the island. I turned the speaker on and played some old school music. Can't go wrong with old school music. I was making blueberry pancakes, with strawberries and bananas on the side, and homemade orange juice. While i was cooking, i heard Keenon coming down the steps. He walked in the kitchen with a smile on his face.
"All this for me??" He asked.
"Hell no. All of this for US. You are not special." He chuckled and sat at the island. After 25 minutes, i made his plate and fixed his orange juice and set it in front of him. He kissed my cheek and thanked me. He immediately dug in. As i was fixing my plate, i felt Keenon staring at me. I looked up at him.
"Can i help you?"
"yea....this shit good!!" I laughed.
"Thank you. Vegan recipe from one of my friends. Got to get you healthy baby."
"Yea i know i know. My ma and them should be here in a couple of hours and i know they gon be hungry so...." I chewed my food.
"Soooooo?"
"You should cook." I rolled my eyes and took a sip of my orange juice.
"No, we are going to cook. You not finna sit around and do nothing baby. Sorry." He smacked his lips and made his way to the stairs. I finished eating my food, cleaned the kitchen, and went upstairs. Keenon was getting dressed.
"Where you going?"
"WE are going on lil trip, so get dressed ugly." I jumped at him and he laughed. Keenon had on plaid pants and a yellow 4hunnid shirt on so i got dressed to attempt to match what he had on. You can never go wrong with the color black, so i put on a black dress from my good friend's clothing line.

Once i was done gettting dressed, we headed downstairs to the front

Once i was done gettting dressed, we headed downstairs to the front. The driver opened my door and i got in. Keenon got in on the other side and we drove off.
"So where are we going?"
"Shhhh just ride."
In about 15 minutes, we arrived at this flight ground where a helicopter was waiting on us. I stopped and looked at Keenon like he was crazy.
"If yo ass can get on a plane, you can get on a helicopter. Come on." He grabbed my hand and we walked towards the helicopter.. He helped me inside and he sat across from me.
"Uh Uhh come sit beside me." He got up and sat beside me.
"Crybaby."
"Shut up." He laughed. The man made sure we were okay and we slowly went up into the air. I closed my eyes and grabbed Keenon'a arm.
"Bae, stop being scary man. Open your eyes." I shook my head no. "Come on, im not gon let nothing happen to you. Open your eyes." I slowly opened my eyes and looked out the window. It was the most beautiful thing i had ever seen.

 It was the most beautiful thing i had ever seen

I stared in aw as we flew by the beautiful scenery

I stared in aw as we flew by the beautiful scenery. Keenon grabbed my hand and kissed it softly.
"This is beautiful Keenon."
"Wanted to do something special with you before the family got here." I smiled and kissed his lips. I took pictures of everything i saw. After 30 minutes, we landed back at the flight ground and got off the helicopter. I thanked the flight attendant and walked to the truck. The driver opened my door again and i got in. On the way back home, i couldn't help but to smile ear to ear. We arrived at home and this time, Keenon gave the driver a $150 tip. The driver thanked him happily and left. When i walked through the door, i felt Keenon pick me up.He spun me around and put me down.
"What we gon cook?" He asked.
"How about we cook them a famous dish my Bibi used to cook all the time." He looked at me confused.
"Bibi?" I face palmed myself.
"In American terms, my grandma." He nodded his head. My whole family line was born and raised in Africa, except for my mom,my dad, my brother and I. We were all born and raised in America. Most of my family is from Gabon, but the other small percentage is from South Africa. From time to time, i start speaking French, the language in Gabon, or i start speaking Xhosa. Not often though.
"Ight so what are we cooking."
"Chakalaka, Boerewors, and Vetkoek." Keenon stared at me blankly. I rolled my eyes. "Look no time for questions, this stuff takes a while to cook. Get me the cabbage, peppers, onions, tomatoes, chilies, beans, flour, honey, sausage, flour, andddddd some seasoning. This will have to make due while we cook.

3 hours later
Third Person Omniscient
After three hours of cooking, the kitchen was filled with a delightful aroma of the African food Keenon and Lola was preparing, Everything was done accept the Vetkoek because she was serving that as a dessert. The family had arrived 30 minutes ago and was pleased by the meal they had cooked for them. They had never tried a dish like this, especially cooked by a real person of African descent. Lola fixed Keenon a plate, which didn't include the Boerewors because can't have meat, and sat down beside him at the table.
"Aye Lola, you put your foot in this right here. This shit good." TeeCee said. Lola smiled. They continued to eat, talk and laugh with such other until everyone was full as a tick. Everyone said their good nights to Lola and Keenon while they cleaned the kitchen.

Keenon
"That shit was slapping though. No doubt."
"Thank you. My grandma taught me how to make that when i was a kid. Every time she came to America, she taught me how to cook African dishes."
"How come you never really talk about your African side?" She shrugged her shoulders and wiped the counters down. After we was done, we went upstairs. When we made it to the room, i closed and locked the door. While Lo was taking off her jewelry and clothes, i was in the bathroom taking a piss. When i got done using the bathroom, Lo was at the desk doing something. I went over there and kissed her neck. She slowly turned around and kissed my lips. I picked her up and sat her on the desk. I rubbed her lower back and bit my lip. She took my shirt off and tossed it on the floor. Lo only had on a bra and underwear, so I unhooked her bra and tossed it on the floor as well. I picked her up and placed her softly on the bed. I got on top of her and started kissing her neck and making my way down slowly. As soon as i was about to take her underwear off, there was a knock at the door.
"The fuck?" I groaned and went to the door and cracked it open. It was my ma and Harmony.
"She wanted to come sleep wit you." I grabbed Harmony and closed the door back. Lo had put on one of my shirts and a pair of my boxers on. I laid Harmony down in between us, cut the lights off, and went to sleep.