One

"Jade are you ready?", my mum asked as she was seated by the passenger's seat while daddy was driving.

I hated this moment so dearly, but I had no choice I had to grow up and become responsible but it was too much work. Anyway that's life for me (well for you too but yeah) and I had to accept that I was leaving my family behind so I could work towards becoming the Jade I see myself being.

"Jade!!", My mom yelled, pulling me out of my little session.

"Mum!! You know how I get when you call me like that", OK I'm that typical girl that gets scared so easily - I don't know why but it just happens - no matter what but hey we can't blame a girl..

"Poor Jade". Said my Mum with some mocking expression on her face but I chose to ignore it 'cause come on, the woman only had me and I had her until now - though we still have each other.

Well, I didn't introduce myself, but pardon me people.

I am Jade Williams, born on the 2nd of December, I'm 18 years of age and I am African but I moved to the USA when I was four or five.

My mother, Emilia Clarke, and my father, John Williams, got married more than twenty years ago but along the journey they discovered that they couldn't have children. So these lovely two people decided to adopt a child from Africa and they called it their own and that child is really happy to be their baby.

When I was adopted, I wasn't the healthiest child in the bunch at all, I was abandoned by my sperm and egg donors, but I thank them for that because I was taken care of by a lovely couple and pray they are fine where ever they might be. There were many healthy babies but they still chose me, that really shows me that love isn't just about the outer but what's inside. They loved me not because of how I looked, but because we are the same despite the colour difference.

Don't get me wrong, Africa is a beautiful place💅

My growing up is so typical. I never went to parties, I studied and aced it like a mother fucker, I've never had a boyfriend and yes I am a virgin. I graduated from high school and now I'm going to university, I am not quite ready because I've always been an enclosed fucker and I won't be back for a while. OK I am freaking out because I don't know people, my social life is zero and I won't have my parents next to me. I will be alone 'well not really alone as in I still got Jesus' but yeah. Shit happens.

"Mummy, I'm freaking out", I told her with my best puppy dog eyes so she can see me plead with her so I can be within and not more than 3,000 miles away from her, but she's cold.

"Sweets", my dad called me and smiled at me through the mirror thingy.

"Papa", I said with so much love. But he kept smiling at me through the mirror thingy. It was killing me.

"Jade, you will be fine my big baby. You will find good friends and bad ones too but you are old enough to make good decisions sweetheart" my dad said with his smile still glued on his face, "I know you will love it and college is where you will make your story".

"Wow! You guys seriously don't want me around mhmmmmmm", my sarcasm was visible and I was hoping it was making them guilty. I think.

"Jade, sweetheart, you will love it believe me my love. OK let's make a deal you big baby", my mum smiled at me and I nodded my head, "see, you will stay at your school for a semester and if you don't like it we will do as you wish. If you end up loving it, you and I will go shopping every freaking day when you are back. Deal?", she gave me her devilish smile and I cringed at the thought of shopping. Don't get me wrong people I do love shopping but not everyday.

"OK, fine. We are on our way to the airport, so you don't have to ask 'deal' ", my dad and mum both laughed and I sorta joined 'cause I was having this moment for the last time today and I was going to miss this.

"Soon, you and I will be talking about your boyfriend", my mum said as soon as she stopped laughing and I grimaced at the thought.

"No boyfriends!!" my dad said, "or else we are going back home".

I looked at the man in awe and my mum said, "Ohh come on John, she's 18".

He cringed and said, "OK but no sex"..

--------------
THANK YOU❤
PLEASE VOTE