Twenty

I was seated in the back of Jonathan's car with Cass whilst Jonathan was driving and Seth the 'asshole' was seated in the passenger's sit.

We left our apartment at 6am because Cass' home was a 4hrs drive away. Cass told Diamond that she would have the apartment to herself for two nights. Diamond being her usual self, she never asked any questions but she let us know that she would be at Cedric's.

I was already predicting the two days being horrendous on my side since fuck boy Seth will be there. Did I mention that he's driving now 'cause Jonathan got tired an hour in to driving; I'm sure it was the nerves. Both Cass and Jonathan were asleep. Seth kept sending daggers my way through the rearview mirror - what's with this bitch now? - and I kept ignoring him.

Soon, we arrived. Seth parked the car on the drive way. Cass' home was a two story building in white, the only house in white as in it stood out among the other houses and to be frankly frank, I loved that. There was a beautiful lawn next to the drive way with a pink tricycle and a few toys here and there - I'm guessing little Beth was outside not too long ago.

"Mum, I'm hommme!!", Cass shouted as we entered the house.

The interior was beyond gorgeous. Starting from the dark oakwood floor to the cream walls and beautiful chandeliers, I was rendered speechless. We made our way to the living room and took our sits, I kept admiring my surrounding then I heard footsteps. I looked behind then saw Cass' mum coming down from the stairs that were opposite the door that led to a spacious backyard. You could see the backyard 'cause glass was the only thing separating us from the backyard.

Cass' mum was happy to see us but I don't know about Jonathan. She hugged Cass then hugged me and hugged Seth who was seated next to me but poor Jonathan.

"What brings you here young man?!", she asked him.

" Mum, please", Cass begged her mum, who raised her hand and walked away. Damn.

Jonathan and Seth decided that they would be staying at a hotel for the time being. Beth was asleep. Though Jonathan did see his sleeping baby and it was so heart warming. She was in her crib and Jonathan stared at her then he shed a tear, Cass hugged him and he hugged her then kissed her forehead and he whispered.

"Thank you, baby".

I walked out of the room and as I was closing the door, Seth was coming out of the room and that made me walk away. I've never been here but knowing that he's behind me makes me find my way to the kitchen.

" Lulu, take a seat honey", Cass' mum beams at me, "how are you, dear?".

" I'm fine, thank you. Ma'am", I replied taking a seat.

"Ohhh please, call me Grace", she paused and looked away, " young man, come in. Take a seat". I looked up and saw that she was talking to Seth and he sent her his appreciation, taking a seat next to me. She looked at the both of us then she smiled. She gave us both orange juice then said.

"So, how long have you two been together?", she asked.

" No, ma'am", I said.

She looked at me and said, "Grace".

" No Grace. He-", Seth cut me off.

"We've been together for 3 months now", he continued, " she is still shy and all", he put his arm on my shoulder and pulled me to him. I was in a trance 'cause he smelt so good.

"You two look so cute together", Grace went on, " you must be special to her 'cause she's a tough one".

Both Seth and Grace laughed, then started talking about I don't know what, I'm still in Seth's arm - which is funny considering how much I loath this creep - and at that particular moment, I heard a hint of a British accent as he spoke.

After some time, Grace's phone rings and she walks away then Seth being the douche that I have come to know hails me away from him. I won't lie that stang but I didn't show it. And that made me realise that I'm still battling with my insecurities. (I believe that no matter how confident you are, there's always an atom of insecurity some where and we should always be mindful of our actions as humans)

"Why the fuck did you do that?!", I asked him truly irritated.

" To get under your skin and it worked", he said drinking his orange juice. I just looked at him and thank God 'cause Cass came in the kitchen with Jonathan behind her.

"Hey", Cass said.

" She's still sleeping?", I asked and she nodded her head whilst leaning on the counter and seating on Jonathan's lap. Grace walks back in and looks at the real couple in here.

"Mum, can we talk?", Cass asks her mum, who accepts and the two walk away.

"Beth is so cute, Jojo", I tell Jonathan.

"She really is. I have a daughter", he smiles brightly.

"Yeah, man", Seth beams at his friend and they start talking. So I get my phone and just make myself busy.

Soon enough, the boys were leaving and Grace warmed up to Jonathan after she came back from talking to Cass. She literally told the guys to stay, but Jojo (Jonathan) told her a span of crap that she made them promise that they would come for breakfast. Seth then hugged me from behind and kissed the crown of my head and I pinched him real hard which made him yelp and Grace laugh. Lemme not forget the confused faces Cass and Jonathan gave Seth.

Immediately the boys drove off, Beth stood by the door yelling.

"Mummy!!!!", She ran to Cass. She's so cute it hurts.

••••••••••••••

Cass' dad isn't home or in the country so lucky Jonathan. The house was just for us girls: Grace, Cass, Beth and myself. Dinner was great because Grace never mentioned Seth at all, when we were done Cass took a sleeping Beth to her room and I helped Grace clear the table.

"Seth is a good boy, Lulu. Your parents will like him", Grace told me as I helped put the plates away.

"Grace, he is not my boyfriend. We aren't even friends", I told her.

"Honey, you don't have to hide your relationship. Good night", she told me and walked away.

I turned the light off and went to Cass' room, finding her on the bed. The house had enough bedrooms but my stories with ma bitch-bitch Cass have no ending, even worse the 'Seth thing' is a add on. she wheeled Beth's crib to her room, she really missed her girl.

"So, you and Seth?", Cass asked whilst smiling.

"Not you too bitch. That asshole told your mum we are dating just to get under my skin and it's fucking working", I tell her.

"Hey, no cussing in front of Bethany", she said pointing to the sleeping baby then laughed super hard, but avoiding to wake Beth up.

"Shit head", I grumble.

" No cussing Lulu, besides Seth is a fine guy minus the sleeping around and asshole persona". She said laughing even harder.

How unfortunate can I be?!!

_____________

THANK YOU FOR READING.
PLEASE VOTE, SHARE AND COMMENT.