{--} Bonus Chapter

"i really did like this girl"

Jett shoved me and I could've fallen straight into a bush if I hadn't regained my balance.

"Quit it. I'm going!" I hissed at him and elbowed him in the arm.

"Remember what I said?" Jett eyed me expectantly.

I rolled my eyes. Jett wasn't the smartest of all people and he thought that it was the same for everyone else. "Ask for her number and be cool."

"Shit. You do remember!" He gasped dramatically with fake surprise.

"Of course I do," I retorted with a scoff. "I don't think with my dick, unlike you."

Jett's eyes twinkled with amusement. "Which is why you don't have a girlfriend."

I waved him off. "Yeah, yeah..."

"Go get her already," Jett urged and placed both his palms flat on my back and began pushing me towards Iris.

I sighed and walked a few metres before shaking my head to try to rid my whole body of the nervous disease that was eating at my bones. It stopped brain and my thinking was curved. I was fidgety and my palms were almost sweating. My stomach churns uncomfortably as I walk closer and closer.

After Jett had come back, we spent the days just like Juvie never happened and we continued where we left off. Jett had clearly learnt his lesson and May was there to guide him in the right path. Everything was normal until a week ago when he brought up my love life, that is, if I even had one. Of course, I trusted Jett and I spoke to him about Iris.

Being the thick-headed person he was, his first reaction was to furrow his brows and question why I would like a girl like Iris. I obviously fought back and used his girlfriend against him. After that, he understood and left it at that.

Then only yesterday, he brought it up again. Jett gave me this whole inspirational speech on how life is too short and a whole bunch of crap but in the end, he somehow convinced me to 'flirt' with her.

I spent the night sleepless, twisting and turning on to my sides, back and front; pulling my comforter with me. My breaths were jagged and heavy and annoyance bugged my head because I couldn't fall asleep. My eyes were closed though and all I could picture were numerous scenarios on how the situation would turn out.

Either she would reject me, ignore me, talk back sarcastically or slap me.

They weren't realistic since her nature was too nice and calm. I remember a few years ago, we had first met at this same school. But at that time, everyone was new and confused. No stereotypes had been glued to anyone yet and everyone was walking around like a lost cloud.

I remember being allocated Locker 156 and Iris was beside mine; 155. Unfortunately, that locker was only for a year so the few years after that, I was stuck next to attention-seekers who wanted to be popular.