Level 2: Grit

Ben's POV*********

I crawled through the portal and found myself in the middle of grit, sweat, death, and warfare. "Get down soldier!" Someone snatched me to the ground just in time, a bullet went flying by. He led me to a building alleyway. "That's a damn good way to get yourself killed." The soldier announced while cleaning his gun. I watched him closely and the ground rumbled slightly. "The name's David Walker, but you can call me Hesh. This here is my brother Logan."

He pointed to the quiet figure beside him. "I hadn't even noticed his presence. I'm Ben." I held my hand out and Hesh shook it. "Can you help me Hesh?" He prepared to shoot a nearing soldier before stopping to reply to my question. "If it's important enough, it's on that side of town. It's not that far of a distance, it's just really dangerous. Are you sure it's important enough to risk your life?" I smirked slightly and took a Red Dot view off the ground. I took a vest off of a dead soldier, and a ski mask with a skeleton symbol on the front.

"This isn't just important ...it's my whole world." I told him while Allyson flashed through my thoughts. I cocked the gun, put on the mask, and rounded the corner of the building. As soon as I steeped out of the alleyway, the destruction met my eyes. Bodies everywhere, bullets zipping through the air, explosions, shouting! I quickly advanced forward and rounded another building. The other side seemed quiet and there was no one there ...or at least I thought so. About halfway there, I felt something strike me in the back of the head. I hit the ground and was rolled over on my back to face what hit me. The pain radiated through my skull as the enemy soldier stood over me. He smirked evilly and I noticed the blood on the butt of his gun.

That ...

that...

THAT MOTHERF****R!!!

I growled and kicked him in his business, then head butted him. He fell over to the side of me, gripping himself painfully. I rolled back before hopping to my feet. I kicked him in the ribs twice and steeped into his gun butt, making the gun stand up quickly into my hands. I spun the gun in one hand before pointing it and pulling the trigger. I watched as the liquid ran down the man's face.

"Think twice about stepping to me you little b**ch." I dropped the gun beside his head...where I had shot the ground. The sweat continued to roll down his face as he realized I just spared him. Like I said from the beginning ...killing isn't my thing, I just haunt. My first kill will be Dark Link.

I growled at even the thought of his name in my head. I had confidently strode to the portal as bullets flew all around me. Plenty of soldiers were trying to kill me while my back was turned, but I didn't care. The only thing that matters is getting Ally back. I pulled a grenade out of the vest pocket, pulled the pen, and threw it behind me without even looking. The explosion went off behind me as I walked away, the wind whipping my hair around in my face. I stepped through the portal, hopping...praying that the next level was the one Allyson was on.