Prologue

Katy P.O.V

"Katy c'mom it will be fun!" - Johnny said for the hundredth time.

"Johnny i'm really not in the mood for partying" - I answer once again denying my friend's attempt to make feel better after one more break up with John. But knowing him, and myself honestly, it was just a matter of time before i'm once again in his arms.

But the truth was that i was tired of that. My hole life i've been with people - romantically speaking - that i thought i could help. No matter what was the problem, drugs, mental health, alcohol, a health issue like it was with John, it all started with empathy and then my head would mix things up.

I always seemed to forget that i'm not the one to save them. As a result instead of helping them i'd ended up sharing they're problems with them. And one day i'd see myself frustrated, and worst, alone.

"It's not a party, it's a charity event. For kids! It'll at least change your environment, you hasn't left this house for a week. Plus, you could do some shopping, what a better way to cheer up than shopping? For kids!" - Johnny said.

"Okay! I swear if say 'for kids' once again i'll lock myself up in the bedroom" - I said getting up. I only agreed to this because i just couldn't argue with Johnny anymore. I would go to the damn charity event, for kids, donate something, and come back to my loneliness. Perfect right? Right.

I change into something Johnny had prepared for me - a black midi dress with a belt - i let my hair hang, and apply very little make up.

By the time i'm done, the car is already waiting for us.

Once we're in the venue, everything goes swell. I ended up buying some paintings and a chair that i liked. Everything for the kids right?

By the end of the night i was done with it all and was ready to go home. But i'd still had to take some pictures to put in a appearance.

As i was waiting for my turn, i found myself in line with a few other people including Orlando Bloom who i've never met but aways heard of. Conan O'brien was one of the people in the group and he ended up introducing me to the others.

They we're all talking about the causes we were fighting today, which was children's safety and defense. I was kind of lost in my one little world until i heard someone say something that caught my attention.

" I find really important to partner up with the right organizations when it comes to children. What they need is simple, basic stuff. If you're not careful on whom or what you're directing your help you may not notice you're drowning trying to be everybody's anchor."

It was Orlando who said that. It hit me hard. He had just described me in one quote. I was drowning trying to save other people. Maybe i had to take a look at myself before looking out for others.

I didn't know at the time, but i would be forever grateful for that quote.

*** That's it for prologue guys. There's a lot of stuff to come up and i hope you guys like it :) BTW feel free to comment what you thought or if have some constructive criticism. ***