three

"Someone left you a love note?" Ellie asks.

Emma had just picked up her best friend Ellie from the airport, who was visiting from Arizona. She was really happy to be connected again to an old friend, considering she left everything for a new city.

And of course she had to tell someone about the note, it was killing her to keep it to herself.

"Yeah! It was so cute, but I don't even know who it is which is the fucking crazy part! Someone is out there thinking I'm actually pretty but I have no way to find out who is crazy enough to think that." Emma explains.

"Okay but like, you're so pretty. I don't know who wouldn't think that." Ellie replies.

As she says that, they enter Emma's apartment and coincidentally enough, another note lies on the ground.

"Oh my god!" Ellie freaks out, "There's another one, read it!"

"Okay, chill bitch, I will." Emma says jokingly, but inside, she too was freaking out.

It amazes me, that from the few times we have crossed paths, I can't get you out of my mind. I don't think I have ever been this hung over about a girl that I have never even said a word to. But there's something about you, something that keeps me up at night and I just can't figure it out. It's just that you're so beautiful, I suddenly don't know how to act.

- E

"Emma, that is so cute!" Ellie says after they read it together.

Emma's cheeks are now coated a light shade of pink and the ends of her lips turn upward into a small grin.

"They ended it with the letter E, that's more than I know from the last one." Emma says.

"Wait, so if they know where you live since they're able to slide it under your door, they must live in the complex, right?" She asks.

"I mean, I guess so. But I don't even know any of my neighbors."

Emma starts to think about the people she's seen in her apartment complex, but no one really stands out. Sure, she's passed by quite a few neighbors, but no one has ever introduced themselves to her.

"Well, just be more aware of those that live by you and maybe you can put the pieces together." Ellie suggests.

Emma nods in agreement, figuring that's her best option.

She then proceeds to hang the new note by the other one on the fridge. She wonders how many of them it will take for her to know the identity of her secret admirer.

The rest of the night, the two of them just lay on the couch and watch movies. Emma begins to fall asleep, but Ellie remains awake as she's too afraid after they watched so many horror films. She's about to go on her phone to distract herself when she notices another note being slipped under the door.

She jolts from her spot on the couch and hits Emma to wake her up.

"What the fuck—" Emma yells, but is stopped short when Ellie points to the note and runs towards it to open the door and hopefully reveal who is behind it.

Emma catches up to her and when the door is opened, no one is in sight.

"Oh." They both say in unison.

"Damn, they were quick." Emma says.

They close the door and open the new letter.

I find myself getting more and more sleep deprived. You don't know how much I want to know you. Just to know your name or the sound of your voice. I can already tell you have a voice of an angel, without even having to hear it. What I do know, is that you're absolutely gorgeous. I just hope I can know more about you soon.

-The boy that thinks you're really cute, E

"Could they get any cuter?" Ellie says.

"Dude, I need to know who this boy is." Emma states.

Ellie begins to think of an idea, "You know what you should do? Leave a sticky note on your door that says your name. Maybe then he'll reveal his name to you!"

"Ellie, you're a genius!"

Emma runs to her desk and digs out a sticky note. She writes on it, "Hi, I'm Emma :)". After doing so, she hangs the note on the door and hopes that in the morning she learns something new about her admirer.