seven

Once Ethan enters his apartment, he sees Grayson in the living room watching TV. His smile is so wide that it wasn't hard to tell something had happened. Grayson immediately smiles at his brother.

"You finally meet her?" He asks.

Ethan nods happily, resembling a little kid on cloud nine. He lays back on the couch next to Grayson and runs his hand through his hair, sighing in relief.

His brother pulls him into a hug and pats his back, "I'm happy for you, E. Invite me to the wedding, won't you?"

Ethan simply laughs.

In the morning, he wakes up refreshed after some of the best sleep of his life. He immediately grabs his phone and shoots Emma a text.

Good morning darling

He lies back down in bed and stares up at the ceiling, until he receives a text back and brings the phone to his face.

Good morning E :)

Can I come over today?

Yea sure,  just give me an hour to get ready

Sure thing, beautiful

Ethan is beaming with excitement. He then jumps out of bed to put on his best outfit and spray his nicest cologne. He is determined to look his absolute best, even if they don't leave her apartment.

He also decides on heading to that coffee shop and getting her another coffee. It's one of the small pieces of information he knows about her, so he wants to use it to his advantage. As he's walking back to the apartment complex, he gets a text from Emma saying he can come over now.

He begins to feel the nerves coarse through his body, but he knows it's the best possible type of nerves to experience. Ethan reaches her front door and knocks, waiting to be presented with the loveliest human of all.

The door swings open and Emma stands in front of him. He extends his arm to hand her the coffee and she graciously accepts it.

"Ethan, you didn't have to get me coffee! But that is so sweet, thank you." She smiles.

She steps aside, allowing Ethan to walk in. He wanders into the living room admiring her decorations and polaroids scattered among her walls. He glances back at her, a look of contentment adorned on his face.

"It's safe to say your apartment is much neater than mine." He comments.

"Oh, it's not usually like this, I cleaned up for you. So take all of this in while you still can, I guarantee you that it won't be like this in a day or so." Emma says.

She sets her coffee down on the coffee table in her living room, sitting down on the couch. She pats the spot next to her to signal to Ethan to sit by her. Ethan does so.

He stretches his arm out and does the cliche move of putting his arm around her shoulder. Emma just laughs but nonetheless leans into his chest.

After a minute of silence, Emma moves out of the position she was in, to lay upside down on the couch where her head is hanging off the couch. Ethan chuckles but does the same.

"Why are we doing this?" He asks.

"Why not?" She replies.

Ethan smirks and turns to Emma, beginning to run his fingers over her exposed stomach and tickle her. The abrupt motion caused Emma to burst out laughing and fall off the coach.

"Bitch!" She exclaimed, getting up to do the same to Ethan.

Except Ethan expected that and slid off the couch, running away from her. Emma noticed he went to the bathroom and closed the door but she went through her bedroom which connects to the same bathroom and traps him in. She's about to reach for his stomach when Ethan grabs her waist and throws her over his shoulder. Emma bangs her hands against his back, playfully yelling for him to let her go.

Once he reaches the kitchen, he releases her from his hold and sets her back on the ground. She pouts, trying to regain her breath. Ethan merely smiles happily.

"I'm just too quick for you, what can I say?" He laughs.

Emma narrows her eyes, "Oh just you wait, I'll get you back when you least expect it."