3: Overcoming Fear...

I've lived in this town my whole life, and most of the time that's fine by me. But in late fall when the sky fills with birds migrating south for the winter, traveling thousands of miles, I get homesick for places I've never been. Places like Mars and Neptune, even as experimental a planet like Neptune is, my type of adventure would be swimming in the toxic gases right next to a handsome male giant—although we don't prefer to call ourselves that. Ever since us giants invaded the humans homeland and started our own space exploration, we preferred to go by the name leviathans, which sounded really cool to me. My whole life (1,208 years to be exact) I've lived in the semi large town called America—save for a few vacations to the moon when we could afford it—and I've seen the same group of birds migrating for as long as I can remember. Then I realized all at once that I wanted out.

My dream was to be a writer, and so far I had succeeded in writing a fantasy novel that sold one copy, bought by my mother. Whenever I would tell someone about my profession, they would give me recommendations on where to go to be inspired, such as swinging on the massive gravitational pull of Jupiter. The only problem was, I was deathly afraid of boosters (our word for spacecrafts). Which happened to be a problem since that's our main source of travel. I had told myself over and over that there was nothing to worry about and time and time again, I froze. Then there were the times I mustered up the courage to buy a ticket and then suddenly I'd be completely overwhelmed with fear and I would "miss" my flight.

But not this time.

This time I made it all the way to the airport, dropped off my luggage, and had gotten through security (surprisingly fast). Now the only thing to do was to take the final steps onto the booster that would take me to the pools of Neptune. I took a deep breath and gazed around me, my entire life I've been in America, and most of the time I had been perfectly content with the boring life I had led. But not now. now I finally took a stand (literally) as I stood from my seat and took the last steps onto the booster.
____________________________

HELLO!!! So I completely failed at posting every day... I've still been writing every day but life got to busy to post constantly. The new update/writing plan is this:
•Updates every week but I'll be posting them more often for a few weeks though in order to catch up with the month I missed of posting.

I really hope you enjoyed this story!!! Tell me what you think, what needs work? Are the plots interesting?

This one was about a giant who was afraid of boosters (cars) but she/he (I tried to make most of the story able to be bent my your imaginations) is a writer and wants to see the universe but her/his fear is stopping him/her from achieving her dreams of writing what she sees. I wanted to add the writing stuff cause I know a lot of people on here want to be writers and you know that things are easier to write about and make realistic if you've actually seen them. Oof I hope that made sense... but that was the point of this short story!!!

~Have A Great Night! I Hope You've Enjoyed!!!