Chapter 1: Distant

Lucas's P.O.V.

"Silence is all I know" I think to myself. Hi, my name is Lucas White and I'm not your average 16 year old fur. I go to school, but I avoid everyone. Most furs believe i am mute. I don't talk to anyone after what happened 8 years ago.

Flashback

"Are we there yet, are we there yet!!" I said. I am 8 years old with my parents driving to see an old friend of theirs' so I can meet their children. 

"Not yet buddy, just a little while longer, OK I promise" he said with a delightful smile. He was also the one driving with my mother in the passenger seat. 

"What are you doing Mom!" I said as I was trying to not jump up and down. I was a very hyper cub. THAT was the last time I saw my parents. 

There was a car coming at us and avoid hitting ourselves my dad tugs the steering wheel to the right. The car turns too far and rolls over a few times. I tried to open my eyes, but I could only open my left just enough for me to see. 

All I could see was the world was upside down. "No wait, I'M upside down!" I think to myself. 

I feel a pair of hands try to pull me from the car, then a young wolf cub slides in to unfasten my seat belt. All the while my ears are ringing. 

I do hear just this, "Hurry and get them out, THE CAR IS ON FIRE!" a male lion had said while rushing over to try and help. 

The wolf cub helping me got me out along with his fathers' help. "Where are my parents?" I manage to mumble. Only the cub heard me and said that others were trying to get them out. 

I turn my head to the car to see two figures hanging from the front car seats. The car WAS on fire. The furs that were helping all ran away from the car. "WHAT ARE YOU DOING, HELP THEM" I yelled starting to run to the car. 

Too late. 

The car explodes and throws me back with a few burns, knocking me unconscious. I was taken to the hospital and woke up to friends surrounding my bed.

Present: Lucas's P.O.V.

Since that day I couldn't talk to anyone and closed myself from reality. Not knowing what to do next.