Year 4 Part 3 (Task 1)

(I just really think this song fits here. I have a whole playlist set up for this story that I will link to you all when it is finished and in the right order.)

The day of the first task was at hand and Newts was beyond himself with anxiety.

"What if I screw up, the whole school is watching these tasks." Anna slapped him, "Get a hold of yourself, Newt." The Hufflepuff boy looked stunned. "You just slapped me."

"Yes, yes I did."

"Why?!" his hand covered the red spot on his cheek.

"Because I've never known you to actually care what those people think, and they don't matter anyways." Suddenly she felt a pain against her own cheek, turning to face him with eyes almost as black as the night sky, a sardonic smile on her face.

"I'm going to punch your lights out, then you'll really fail this task, Newt." He'd slapped her back as payback, now the two stood, staring at one another before Newt scurried off at full speed out the common room entrance.

"NEWTON ARTEMIS FIDO SCAMANDER! GET YOUR CREATURE LOVING ARSE BACK HERE!" She sped after the yellow and black clad boy, cursing her short stature as he hopped down the moving stair cases two steps at a time.

"Don't make me stun you!" Newt laughed as he turned a corner into a different corridor, she quickly followed him, her wand drawn.

"Colloshoo!" Newt came to an abrupt stop, falling flat on his face as his shoes magically stuck to the floor, catching up to him she plopped down on his back.

"Get off me, Anna!"

"Not until you admit defeat, Scamander." There was a cough from behind the two.

"Well, I feel Miss Carrio may be more cut out for these tasks, Mr. Scamander."

"Professor Dumbledore!" there was a twinkle in the professor's eyes, familiar and almost fatherly. Anna quickly undid the shoe stick charm and Newt scrambled to his feet, nudging her in the process.

"My threat still stands, Newt." Dumbledore cleared his throat once again.

"Newt, you're supposed to be by the entrance to the forest, the first task will start soon. Anna, I'll escort you to your houses seats." Newt nodded and took off.

"Good luck!" he waved as Anna and Dumbledore headed for the viewing area.

--

"Champions!" Headmaster Black's voice rang through the area like it would were he one of those sports announcers. "You will have 3 hours for this task, 2 to find your destination, and one to find your clue. You may use any spells or charms that you please but you may not sabotage the others. The three of you will be teleported to different sections of the forbidden forest and go from there. If ant anytime something happens, and you need to be pulled out point your wands towards the sky and shoot off red sparks, someone will come find you. Best of luck to you all."

Watchful eyes witnessed as the three school champions vanished, strange projections appeared before the quidditch stands, showing the three students and their locations, Anna's eyes stayed on Newt.

The forbidden forest was an unforgiving terrain, even the most skilled wizards could get lost if they didn't know how to navigate properly.

And off they ran. "Newt, play to your strengths..." he had become rather skilled in locating spells over their summer vacation, mainly after having to track down a couple of baby Hippogriff's that had strayed from the rest of the herd. If only the projections had sound, she'd feel so much better.