Chapter 10: Kate

I waited anxiously at the forests tree line, right by my destroyed house. I heard bicycle tires on pavement and jumped up from my seat. I started to read thoughts from the person and realized it wasn't Kate. Probably the paper girl. Yup. Her thoughts were clear besides the thought of getting off work early.

I started bobbing my knee to the rhythm of the crickets in the tall grass. I don't know how I didn't hear it but when I did I jumped up, again. This time I looked around. I saw fear in my head as I read her mind. "There's nothing to fear, not like I am a monster," I thought," wait, vampires are monsters."

"Hello?" a queer voice called.

I ran to meet it. Is was Kate.

When she saw me she gave a slight squeal then started running in my direction. We hugged and I lifted her off the ground.

"Wow!" she said, "your hot!"

I smiled and said,"thanks."

We had a quick conversation then I pulled her onto my back into a piggy-back and started running to Chads place. I had explained I was a vampire but she didn't believe me, so I was showing off.

◾️◽️▪️▫️

"Oh ya," she said thoughtfully," so this tea you made me was his?"

"Yup," I answered, for the fifth time.

"Not yours?" she asked.

I shook my head vigorously, trying to prove my point.

"Hmmm," she gave me the goggly eyebrows.

I left her off the hook.

Then, in comes one of the vampires warning me that they can smell the scent of the enemy vampires.

"Wait a minute, Kate," I said, anxiously.

I hurried out of the room with Rome, the vampire.

"We need to attack tomorrow then," I said, annoyed.

"No, we have another day."

"So we have to all feed and train, harder!!"

"Shhhh. Calm down," he whispered.

"Ok."

We talked plans and finally talked to our whole group. They were excited. I couldn't believe it.

◾️◽️▪️▫️

I entered the house and there at Kate, reading Chads book.

"Sorry," I muttered.

"No prob, I understand," she shrugged.

"I guess I should leave," she said, sighing heavily.

"Ya," I looked to the ground.

And with that, she left.