My oldest Memory

"Come on Katsura! Come to your big brother!"
"Hey! Come to me, come on, you can do it! Come to your other big brother!"

I looked between my two brothers as they called me. "B-ba ba?" Rather than going to one of them, I crawled between the two.

"Aw, Katsura you were supposed to go to one of us!"
"Sigh... she always does that for some reason, do you believe she does not like us?"
"Bu!" I reached my tiny hand out to both of them. "Ba ba!"

One chucked. "No, I think she just likes both of us." He let me grab his finger.
"She'll always have both of us to take care of her!" He let me grab his finger as well.

"Ba! Ina... Asu!" I shook their hands.
"Awe, how cute. Try again, say Indra. I-n-d-ra."
"Inndaaa?" I tilted my head.

The other laughed. "Haha! Close enough I'm Ashura, A-shu-ra."
"Aaaauuuaaa?"
"No, shu, shu!" He sighed. "Well it's close enough, you are just an baby after all." He rubbed his nose against my hand.
"Ba ba!" I giggled and waved my hands. My oldest brother, Indra, did the same to my other hand.

"Yes, we are your brothers, and we will protect you from all the scary stuff, so please don't cry."
"Ba ba?" I didn't notice the tears falling down my cheeks until now. I don't know why, but I'm crying, and I can't stop.