Creating the Beasts

My name is Katsura Otsutsuki. It has been several months since I have returned home with Akuma, it has be very pleasant and my father seems very fond of him. My brothers..... Not so much.
Akuma really tried his best to get on their good sides, but my brothers aren't having it at all. Ashura was at least making an effort to get along with him, though it's obvious he still dislikes him, but Indra isn't even trying to hide how much he dislikes him. Akuma doesn't let it get to him though, he's still trying to get along with them because I want my family to like him, he's so sweet.

Today, my father asked Akuma and I to help him with something. He lead the both of us to a secret passage in the house that I've never sensed before. I thought it was strange, but growing up in this family, you learn not to be too surprised over these things.

"Dad, I do not want to sound like a child, but it's cold."

My father chuckled and took off his cloak, draping it over my shoulders. "I apologise, Katsura. I should've known it would be too cold for you. I hope you do not feel as if you cannot mention your troubles to me."

I smile at my father, he's still as kind as always. "Thank you, father. I just feel that since I am older and stronger now, it would not be right for me to-"

"Oh, Katsura." He chuckled again, patting me on the head. "You are my daughter first and foremost. It does not matter how old you get, you will always be my daughter and I will always take care of you to the best of my ability."

The flowers in my hair bloomed, their scent filling the empty space, and Akuma started chuckling as he picked up one of the roots in my hair. "The bond between a father and his child is a lovely one."

I didn't feel the need to say anything in response to that, so we just silently continued to walk, deeper and deeper into the cold underground.

_______________

We stand in a large circle in the middle of a dimly lit room. The circle we are in is special, because it isn't just any kind of circle, it's the seal of our family, the Sage Crest, as I grew up calling it. It is on everything my family owns that bares any tie to my father. I am certain it holds a kind of power, I just do not know what that power is.

"I wish to distribute the power of the Ten Tailed beast into separate, but possibly equal, parts."

I stare at my father, dumbfounded. In order to split the chakra of the beast residing in him, he would need an immense amount of power... Power that we spirits can definitely provide. If he loses the Ten Tailed beast, he could very well lose his life, but with both the Sun and Earth spirits here to guide him, we may be able to save his soul.

Akuma allowed a physical body to manifest, tail, paws, and all. His eyes narrowing into a hard glare as he turned to my father. "You are aware that allocating that power you carry may very well end your life, correct? At the most, our power can allow you to live a bit longer, maybe a few years, but eventually..."

"I am aware of the consequences and that is why I have come to you. I have been watching Ashura and Indra and plan to test them to see which should be my successor."

I simply nodded, knowing that no matter what I say, Father would go through with his plans one way other another and if I can't keep him alive just a little while longer, I must.

"What would you like us to do, father?"

"What!? Katsura, you cannot be serious!" Akuma shouted, turning to me and gently taking both my hands into his warm paws. "Su, he could die if he goes through with this. You would be devastated..."

I smiled at him, staring him into his shiny silver eyes. "I will be alright. Though it pains me, this is what my father wishes and he must have a reason for this."

Akuma sighed, "As long as you understand and want to go through it, I shall do my best in order to insure your life. I do this as you are the father of my love, whom I have a deep respect for."

Father chuckled, a smile spreading across his face. "Thank you, Akuma. I will forever be in you debt."

Akuma cleared his throat, gently holding my hand in his soft paws. "A-ahem, whenever you are ready."

My father nodded, sitting cross-legged in the center of the symbol. "Spirit of the Sun: Akuma, Spirit of the Earth: Katsura. Please, lend me your strength."

Akuma and I looked at each other before moving to stand at my Father's side. We both place one hand on his shoulder and begin to steadily allow our power to flow into the world around us.

When father seemed distressed, we would aid, when the ten tails tried to escape, we would aid. If something looked as if it would cause harm to any of us, we would stabilize it immediately, out of reasonable fear.

Though it took time, we finally managed to drag the beast out and break it apart. It was a grueling process that nearly took my father's life, but we did it.

We split the beast into nine different parts, and I had the honor of naming them.

Sand Raccon: Shukaku

Hellfire Cat: Matatabi

Giant Turtle: Isobu

Lava Monkey: Son Goku

Steaming Horse: Kokuo

Bubble Slug: Saiken

Buggy Dragon: Chomei

Horned OctoBull: Gyuki

Fluffy Fox: Kurama

The Nine Tailed Beasts have been brought into the world as just small children.