Distant Memories

There was a time when we, my brothers and I, were inseparable. When we all got along like, well, family.

When I was sick, Ashura would let me use his lap as a pillow and Indra would read to the both of us. I would get so immersed in the stories, sometimes I'd forget how bad I was feeling. Maybe it was because my brothers were the ones taking care of me, but I felt better nonetheless.

When my brothers finished studying, and Ashura was tired, Indra would let him use his lap as a pillow. I could feel our bond even without my eyes. I remember those days so vividly, they seem like a dream now.

I think of the days when Ashura and I tried to cook for the first time and we accidentally blew the pot up. Food went everywhere, and it wasn't even good food, but it was funny.

Our dog, we had one then, licked up all the nasty food we made and Indra helped us fix the pot with his strange element ninshu. We all still got in trouble though, of course. I should NOT have gotten out of bed ha.

There were days when we played in the river near the forest, well, they would fish while I sat off under the shade and listened, and watched what I could. It was lovely.

They helped me catch fish a few times, and I supposedly caught the biggest one once. Now I'm sure it was Indra who caught it, and he just gave it to me instead of keeping it for himself.

I remember the days when I would get stuck in strange places without realizing. Like the time I was stuck in a tree and I had to jump down to Ashura who was waiting to catch me. I don't believe I've ever heard my brothers cry harder than they did that day. No, wait, they did cry harder, when I had to leave home. It hurt my heart.

I've always been so comfortable around my brothers, I felt so safe. I was happy, we all were happy. It was peaceful, and lovely, and I wouldn't trade that time I had for anything.

My brothers are amazing, they protected me my entire life, now I can protect them too. I can do the things they do. I don't have to be the thing weighing them down anymore, they can rely on me to!

I'm happy like this, as long as I have them.