Not A Special Birthday

Millie's POV.

After finally getting dressed for the day. I had presents laying on the floor for me. I turned away and headed to the kitchen. I walked through and saw Paige, Dad and Finn. I smile slightly at them three and head to the table where finn was sat.

"Morning pumpkin. Happy birthday." My dad said to me. I nod and thank him under my breath. There was a few seconds of silence before dad was grabbing his car keys. "Im going to be at the hospital with your mom. I'll be home later on. We can celebrate your birthday then." My dad was close by me.

"It's fine dad. I don't mind." I say looking up at him. He nods and heads off. Paige looks at me sadly and I turned away. I felt finns eyes on me. Feeling sorry for me I bet. The door closed behind dad. I got up and was about to go in the living room.

"Millie!" Paige called. I turned and waited. "If you want to open your presents now we can sit by and watch. I can record you." Paige held her phone up whilst speaking. I shake my head.

"Paige... I'm good." I tell her. I look to Finn and gesture him to follow me. I heard the chair move and heard finn follow me out the door. I walked ahead getting  away from everything  that upset me at the moment.

"Millie?" I slowed down and stopped. "Millie what's wrong?" Tears were forming in my eyes. Before I knew it, I was crying out. I felt finn grab me and pull me into a hug. I closed my eyes and sobbed onto his shoulder.

"I... can't cope with my sister... my baby sister in hospital." I cried. Finn was hugging me tighter.

"It's okay. It's okay." Finn whispered to me. "Just take a deep breath. You'll get through this. I believe in you." I heard finn say. I opened my eyes and felt how strong and pure his love was for me.

(A few moments later)

We sat down on a hill of grass. The sun was shining and finn was giving me a can as we sat and breathed in fresh air.

"You know... You're such a great sister. Ava is lucky to have you." Finn spoke. I froze and looked at the grass. Ava! "I'm sorry. I shouldn't bring her up."

"No! It's okay." I look to him.

"It should be fun later. You'll get to celebrate your birthday with your fam...."

"I don't want to celebrate my birthday!" I interrupt.

"What?" He asked.

"I don't want to celebrate it. Not all my family will be there. Ava is in hospital and it's not easy opening my presents without Ava. She would be there to watch be help me open my presents and give me the biggest hug ever." I look up to the sky, tears in my eyes, ready to run down my face. "I hate the fact that she's not here." I felt Finn's arm round me.

"It's okay." He speaks. I sob quietly on my arms. I lean my head on his shoulder. I blink slowly as tears drip down my cheek. "I'm here for you always." I smiled knowing Finn had my back.

"Where would I be without you?" I whisper to Finn.

"You would be here with me." He spoke. I leaned up and looked at him. I leaned in slowly about to touch his lips with mine until I heard someone call me. I turn and see Sadie. I looked at who she was with and she was hanging with Sophia. They both look at me worriedly.

"Are you okay?" They ask. I look to Finn and back to them. They know it's my birthday and they know about Ava. So what should I tell them?