Not Old Enough

Millie's POV.

After my best birthday ever, I woke up bright and happy. I got my birthday wish and my family celebrated my birthday with me. A shame Ava couldn't be here. It would be wild with her around. I knew there was someone missing from that party. But I had my friends, family and Finn. My sweet loving boyfriend.

I slammed the door and was about to head off to meet Sadie and the girls. Maddie has become one of the gang now. We made sure to be nice and accept her past is the past. I believe she can change but people like Iris, won't. I looked and saw Finn sitting outside. I walked up and sat beside him.

"Hey! What's up?" I ask. He looks to me.

"My dad is home." Finn spoke. I looked down and took the news in.

"Isn't that good?" I ask.

"Uh..." He said.

"Finn?"

"Something happened. He..." Finn was beginning to scare me.

"Finn you're scaring me."

"...my dad isn't my dad no more." Finn told me. Tears in his eyes.

"W-what?" I ask.

"He's changed. Not in a good way. He became..." He kept pausing. He wouldn't fully tell me what happened.

"Finn?"

"He hit my mom." Finn said. A tear escaped his eye. I being the supportive girlfriend, wrapped my arm round his shoulder and leaned my head on his shoulder. He was so upset about it.

"Do you want me to ask if you can stay the night?" I ask finn."My parentd don't mind. They trust you."

"That would be nice." He smiled but lost it as he looked away. I comforted my boyfriend until dinner came. I took finn inside and sat with him all day. I made arrangements with Sadie and the girls for another time. I had to tell them I had personal reasons why I wasn't coming. I didn't want to involve Finn. I didn't want to tell them as it was not my news to tell.

I gave Finn some tissues and had asked my parents if he could stay the night. They asked why and I had to say it was home problems. I didn't go into too much details but I knew my parents and they would let him stay as they know him well enough to know we won't be doing anything. Seen as we are 15-16 years old, we wouldn't be ready for that just yet.

"Sure. But he sleeps on the floor." I smiled and thanked my mom. I hugged and asked if I could visit Ava with her. I invited Finn to come with and headed to the hospital.

We sat by her bed. She was responding well with it all and I was happy. My mom isn't religious but I heard her pray a couple of times. Thanking God and wishing her well. I held Finn's hand to keep him comfortable and to keep him safe. As long as he's with me, he will always be safe. I won't let anything bad happen to him. Ever!