new year new drama 28

Hey so I know it's January 7th but I wanted to do a new year chapter. A lot is going to happen in this.
_______________________________________

I always felt bad leaving other people to do my explaining for me but my mother insisted once she saw my nervousness, so she sat my dad and sisters down and told them everything I told her as I sat in the kitchen.

I could hear the mumbling some shouting, crying and alot of silence and jumped out of my seat when my mom opened the door guiding me into the living room ,I walked over to my dad first,at first he didn't want to look at me but after a few minutes he did and hugged me"I'm sorry,I'm so proud of you, welcome back"

I moved on to my sister's and they both hugged me said the same as my dad and asked a lot of questions about Shawn we talked for so long,it felt good
_______________________________________

For the next 2 days I'd just been enjoying being back with family...but now it was new years eve and every year my parents had a party and invited my whole family and friends I was so excited but nervous to see everyone, to the people who didn't know the real reason I left the excuse was that I had to start university straight away so I moved to Canada. I had texted Shawn to say hi it was 3:30 for him so I wanted to say hi,he texted for a few minutes asking about the party and how I was feeling,he was about to start working.
________________________

It was 8:30 and people started to arrive as I Heard music playing, this was going to be one hell of a party, I was in my room finishing off my look.

I did my makeup glamorous with a burgundy smokey eye,red lips and a skirt and top.

I curled my long red hair.

As I walked down the stairs I started to imagine who I would see, until it dawned on me, Stephen,my cousin was here so obviously she'd bring her boyfriend,I can't see him... It was too late.

I saw him sitting on the sofa his arm wrapped around my cousin, I couldn't deny she looked beautiful she always was . I walked past them into the kitchen for some quiet but it wasn't that easy, after grabbing a drink I turned around to see him standing at the door I sighed and leaned against the table,he closed the door and slowly walked over.

"Stephen" I said bluntly as a hello "Lydia" he said huskily "it's good to see you, I was surprised to hear , when you left and returned home" he relaxed"it's nice to see you too, I had to,it was for the best" he looked me in the eyes "I'm sorry, I hate how we left thing's ,I'm sorry for everything for driving you away for letting you take the blame" he truly sounded sorry

"it's ok,all is forgiven,I'm sorry too, for putting you in an awkward position and leading you on,I'm glad to see you two are still together" he smiled"yeah we worked everything out she's not happy to see you thought"

"your right,I'm not" I looked behind him to see my cousin furious ,she stormed over to me, "how dear you, try to ruin my relationship,steal my boyfriend and run away" she shouted"listen,I'm sorry ok,I didn't mean for any of it to happen and I never wanted to hurt you, I thought it would be better for me to leave and I guess it was ", her expression softened "answer me one thing, truthfully, do you still like him?" I looked between her and Stephen "no, not anymore, besides I'm engaged now" I help up my hand with the ring , Stephen was shocked and my cousin pulled me into a hug and I hugged her back.
_______________________________