Chapter One

You and Daniel Seavey used to be friends, best friends, but when high school came around it all changed. When school had started he decided to join a different crowd and he soon became one of the most popular people on campus. You however were left behind, you joined a different friend group and that was that. There was never a discussion or argument between you and Daniel, things just stopped. You held a slight grudge as Daniel simply left pushed you to the side, but with time you moved on. 

*Skip to Senior year*

You were by your locker stuffing your textbooks inside when your best friend Amy came up behind you, "Whats up y/n" you smiled brightly and responded "Hey Amy. And I know what you're gonna ask me, the answer is no I'm not going to homecoming."

She looked at you and pouted like a child, "Come on! Please it's our senior year." you laughed "look even if I wanted to go I don't even have a date. I don't want to third wheel with you and Josh." All of a sudden there was a moment of silence within the halls, you turned to see none other than Daniel Seavey walk through the doors with his crowd of girls behind him." When you turn back around you see Amy with a smirk on her face.

"What Amy?" you say with confusion. "Oh nothing... it's just what if I got Daniel to ask you..?" With a disgusted expression you respond "What the fuck, what do you mean Daniel? I haven't talk to him in years. Plus he already has a list of the hottest girls in school to choose from". Amy still has a grin on her face, "I know but Im making the seating chart for Bio class so don't be surprised when I put you next to him!!" Before you could say anything she was already running down the halls.

It was your last period of the day, bio class. You were going to flip if Amy actually made you two lab partners. You walked into class noticing there was only one seat left in class, how convenient that it was low and behold right next to Daniel. You let out a soft sigh as you walked over and sat down. "Hey y/n" Daniel says. You respond "Hi" while staring down at the desk. The class goes by slowly but just as the class is about to end Mr. Duffy announces "I put all directions for a project online. The project is due by the end of the week and if you have any questions please email me". *how perfect* you think to yourself as you sink into your chair. Daniel gets up and asks, "So when do you wanna work on the project? Im free today and tomorrow cause I assume it's gonna take more than one day." 

You look up and say, "Ya thats fine". You felt like crawling up into a ball and dying at this point. He smiles and says, "Perfect I can drive you over to my house. Pack your stuff and lets go". You tried to avoid eye contact as you got your stuff and followed him to his car. It was a silent car ride there with some your average question such as "how was your day?". Once there you enter the house and his mothers comes running towards you. "y/n!! Oh how I've missed you. It is so nice to see you again." you smile "It's great seeing you too Mrs. Seavey". Her gaze bounces between you and Daniel as she announces, "Oh I'm so glad you too are finally hanging out together. A-" 

"Okay mom we really need go to work on our project" he says cutting her off. You just smile as you follow Daniel up to his room. You set your bags down as you look around his room and laugh, "wow nothing has really changed in here I see". Daniel sits down on his bed, "Yea I guess not. Look y/n I wanna clear the air, are we cool?" You cross your arms and ask, "I don't know.. are we? You're the one who just straight up left so I'm guessing you had a problem with me." 

Daniel was left almost speechless he looked up from the ground, " y/n I'm so-" "Oh if you're about to apologize you can save it. I mean it looks like it all turned out great for you. You got popular and now have everyone at school clinging by your side. Why would you feel sorry for that?" 

He looked at you and you noticed tears in his eyes. "Oh my god Daniel you don't need to cry about it. Look I'm sorry that all came out really harsh, I'm over it now. I happened ages ago t's okay." He opened his arms as if asking for a hug so you gave him one. 

A few hours passed and you two got a lot of the project done. It was actually kind of fun. After you two got everything off each others chest's time went by quick. Just as you got into bed your phone buzzed. It was a text, from Daniel.