Chapter Six

Maria woke up she stretched her arms up and yawns she rubs her eyes and she stood up touching the cold wooden floor and walked across her room and sat down on a chair and two maids came inside her room and brushed her hair and let her wear a beautiful blue dress and a black heels.

The maid puts a powder pink blush on her cheeks and a red lipstick on her lips and a pink eye shadow after that there was a last touch the maid tied a blue ribbon on top of her head; her style was a little bit higher ponytail she stood up and smiled.

"Salamat" she left her room and went to the balcony and saw Freedom wearing a blue navy suit and inside the suit he wore a white-buttoned long sleeves and the colour of his tie he wore was black, he wore a hat it was black and his black shoes was very shiny he looked back and smiled

"Ready?"

Maria smiled like the sun and holds his hand

"Yes I am ready when you are"

The two walked out of the balcony and walked down the stairs together, they walked out of the mansion and rode on the kalesa, he let Maria go inside the kalesa first, Maria smiled and her cheeks blushed as she touched Freedom's rough hand.

As the horse moved they strolled around the town and the firm steps of the horse made the satisfying sound of the bricks in the street Maria and Freedom looked at each other's eyes deeply they held their hands tight as the wheel bumped on a pebble the two of them flinched and he covered Maria's head at his chest and Maria's face was red like she felt safe when she felt his warmth.

The kalesa stopped and he walked out first and Maria goes off the kalesa and they hold their hands together and took for a walk in the park and Maria looked up to him since he is very tall and saw him smiling wide and Maria's eyes saw a taho vendor and she rushes and went to the vendor and bought two and Freedom was very confused he tilted his head in confusion and stood in his place waiting for her.

She rushed towards him and hands out a plastic cup to him and he raised his right eyebrow

"Um...What is this...?" Maria smiled and took a big sip and smiled

"Taho is a Filipino snack food made of fresh soft/silken tofu, arnibal, and sago pearl. This staple comfort food is a signature sweet and taho peddlers can be found all over the country!"

He nodded in awe and took a sip and his eyes widened

"This is so good! Can I get another one after I finish this one?" he looked at her with puppy eyes, Maria laughed

"Of course!" he went to the vendor to buy one, Maria stood there she was stunned and she can't stop smiling.

Juan opened the door from his room and saw Don Pedro Delos Santos sitting on a chair

"Uh...Don Pedro Delos Santos I didn't know you we're visiting my house..."

His hair was very messy he didn't came home he was very drunk he slept inside the bar and he smelled like beer

"I think you have smelled the foul odor of the beer forgive me..."

Don Pedro Delos Santos smiled

"Please do take a sit" Juan walked across his room and sat down on the chair facing Maria's grandfather.

"I heard a while ago that you have returned to Philippines...And you came to my house and saw Maria?" Juan felt guilty and he looked down and nodded

"I didn't know...it was improper, I apologize..." Don Pedro Delos Santos laughed

"I'm not scolding you...well done Juan..." Juan looked at Don Pedro Delos Santos and sighs