Chapter 5: Need A Bit of Help

"Maddie" Katie calls with a worried tone. 

"What?!" 

They push something big, and I turn around. 

"You may have taken the literal meaning of your spell." Katie adds. 

I was horrified to see Diego and Hazel frozen as ice, I tap it to make sure if it was real, and it was. 

"Girls, what should I do!?" 

~~~~~~~

Andi's POV

"So you like zombies, tools, and sharks?" Lucas asks. 

I nod, with a proud expression on my face. "I'm not your average female classmate." 

He chuckles. "Well, I like you Andi. I know you wont be over dramatic like most of the girls here." 

My jaw dropped when he said 'I like you'. He likes me? Wow, thats a first. But I shouldn't jump to conclusions, we just met, so he might just like me as a friend. I know I do. 

"Okay, enough about me. Let's talk about you." I held out my hands. 

He shook his head. "No Andi, I bet you wouldn't want to listen to my life story." 

"Come on Lucas, I am a good listener. I would love to hear it." I say. "And besides, we still have 15 minutes left before next period." 

He smiles, cheekily. "Well alright." 

I jump excitedly from my seat, and shove a nacho in my mouth. 

"Well when I was born, my father didn't see me, because the exact time I was born, he was in an accident." I gulp. "When I was like 8 years old, my mom died from cancer. That's when me and my sister started living life on our own, working different jobs." 

I couldn't say a word. "Sorry Lucas." 

"What?! Why?" 

"Because I didn't know your story was like that, but I forced you to tell me, even though you didn't want to." I looked down on the nachos. "Now I'm guilty." 

He giggled in the cutest way. "Andi, Andi, don't be sorry. Its pretty unfair, if you told me everything about your life, and I'd just tell you my name." 

I smiled. "By the way, what's your sister's name?" 

"Uh..um..uh Gillian." he stammered. 

"Oh where does she work now, how does she provide for you?" I continued asking. My mouth was on full blast, so Lucas get ready for non stop questions. 

"Uh she works at the.. at the city library." he stammered once again. 

"Lucas you okay?" I asked. 

He blinked twice. "Um I think I'm not feeling that good, I think I'll head to the nurse's office." 

"Want me to come with you, I can--." he cuts me off. "Nah, I can manage. Daniel showed me where the office is anyways." 

"Okay" he leaves. 

~~~~~~~

Maddie's POV

"Why isn't anything working?" Sophie says, impatiently. "You tried your 29th spell, and none of it has worked." 

"I thought of something." Katie yells. 

"Yeah before that, I want you both to run 3 laps around the school so that your minds will get refreshed and you both can think of wonderful ideas." I made up a lame excuse to get them out of the room so I can talk to Lola.