xvii. WELCOME

『 REAL LIFE 』

"Oh darling. You're stressing so much," Rami said as he walked along side Leilani. They were both dressed up as Freddie and Gisele, waiting to be called in to shoot out a scene. They were both walking around just chatting and enjoying the nice friendship they both built over the past few months.

"I'm not stressing," Leilani said as she looked at Rami. He gave her a face and she rolled her eyes, playing with her blue hair. "I'm just worrying. My siblings are having trouble right now with their parents and I can't seem to do anything about it."

"Why do you say their parents?" Rami questioned, a little hard to do so due to the teeth. "You're saying that as if they're not yours either."

"They're not. I mean the second one is half. But," Leilani shrugged. "My mom had me and my dad left. My mom married this other man and had another baby. After my mother died, the man got married to another woman and had another kid."

"Ah," Rami let out. It was confusing at first what Leilani said for a short moment but when he said the words all over again in his head, he understood. "Why can't you help them?"

"My step-dad doesn't want me to talk to them and he doesn't want them to have any contact with me," Leilani ran a hand through her hair.

"How old are they?"

"The second one is 12 and the other one is 8," Leilani answered. "Two girls. Although I don't trust my step-dad at all. He just seemed sketchy since the very beginning and he just gives this vibe. The 8-year-old, Ruby, is being sent to therapy becaus she keeps talking about this monster she keeps seeing and it worried me so I made some arrangements and had my step-dad and his wife send her to therapy."

"But..."

"But there's something that doesn't make sense," Leilani sighed, rubbing her forehead. "Ruby doesn't watch scary movies or anything that will trigger this monster. Ruby doesn't talk about the monster to her parents and doesn't even talk to her therapist. She builds this wall around her that is too hard to break."

"Just give the therapist a call. See what's going on, alright?"

"Yeah," Leilani nodded slowly before they both turned to head towards the cast. They stopped though when they saw Ben with a girl and she was shaking hands with an unimpressed Joe and an awkward Gwilym. "Just don't tell the guy."

"Who's that?" Rami and Leilani questioned together. They turned to look at each other with confused gazes and turned to look at the girl. The two walked with confidence as Rami looked like Freddie and was radiating confidence while Leilani looked like Gisele and was radiating such power.

Gwilym and Joe turned to look at them and Joe looked relieved and Gwilym smiled. Ben didn't notice as the girl was talking to him forcefully and awkwardly.

"Well look who's here," Gwilym crossed his arms, staring at the two who both smirked at him. "Rami and Lani."

"Nerd," Joe smiled, hugging the girl as if she hadn't seen her for a long time. She smiled confusedly, patting his back. "Long time no see."

"We haven't seen each other for an hour, Joe," she chuckled as they both pulled away. "Are we ready to film?"

"Yeah. We need to film the scene of the interview," Gwilym answered while fixing his wig. Lani nodded before she turned around to face Ben and the girl who was staring at her. She smiled, taking out her hand for the girl to shake. But Leilani's smile immediately was wiped off her face when the woman didn't do anything but rather stared at her hand and didn't budge to smile.

"Welcome," Leilani smirked before looking at Ben who was smiling apologetically at her, "Nice to meet you, too. Very. You know what shaking a hand is right?"

"Of course I do," the girl snapped. Leilani stared at her in shock before she smirked again. She turned to look at Ben who was looking as if he didn't want to be there at all.

"Food is that way. Bathroom over there. Closet over there. Ben's trailer over there," Leilani winked at Ben who shook his head at the girl while blushing. The girl looked unimpressed and stared at the girl with a blank expression. Leilani still kept the smirk on her face, not even caring about the girl's attitude.

"Well come on now darling," Rami said, wrapping an arm around Leilani's shoulder. "We have to shoot."

"You're Rami," the girl breathed out, slightly pushing Leilani away. Leilani got startled by the move, being caught by Joe who immediately had his arm wrapped around Leilani's waist and was holding her by his side.

"Yes," Rami nodded. "I am... We actually have to go shoot but it's nice to meet you uh... " Rami trailed off.

"Vanessa," the girl shook his hand excitedly as she answered. "Vanessa Leon."

"Why do I feel like she's going to become the death of us?" Leilani questioned.

"She really is going to be," Joe agreed, nodding his head while his arm didn't dare to be moved away from Leilani's waist. It wasn't a romantic gesture but rather a friendly gesture. They treated each other like family due to the fact that Joe and her bond over music and anything that they have some similar interests and bicker like siblings.

"I'm not too excited."

They stared at the woman, Ben eyeing the arm for a second before he turned to look at the girl he came with, sighing when he saw her blabbering about how she loved Rami.

"Neither am I Lani."