Gardenia

ᴊᴜʟʏ 21ꜱᴛ, 3:30 ᴘ.ᴍ

               The boy knew the annual summer fair was only two days ago but yet it felt like forever to him. He had more fun than he had had in a long time. Most days he spent in the field of carnations he'd call his second home, taking pictures of the flowers, picking more of them, studying them, and even more things involving flowers. The flowers were his babies and he cherished flowers but every once in a while he wanted some fun. He never had many friends, never more than one or two at a time. He didn't really mind being alone most of the time, well that was until he met his barrier.

             Him and Mark only hung out four times but those were some of his best times. His ears perked up when he heard his father call down to him that Mark was at his home. He nearly leaped down the stairs with joy and he eagerly opened the door. He awkwardly shuffled on his feet as he watched the male step inside. He led the male up to his room and his face turned red when he realized he was only wearing a shirt, boxers and socks. He was not overweight or anything, he was pretty fit actually but he somehow was embarrassed to be half undressed in front of Mark. He reassured himself they are both males so he was fine, he had nothing to be embarrassed about.

              "So Mark, why are you here?"

              "Rude, I can't just visit my friend, I see how it is but if you must know, I wanted to know if you would help me pick out a flower,"

              "Yes!" Haechan excitedly hopped out of bed and pulled out a black, italian leather journal with white calligraphy on the front that stated 'Bloom.' "What special occasion is the flower for?"

               "It is my girlfriend's birthday tomorrow so I wanted to know what type of flower would be best, she is the beautifulest girl in the world-" Mark spoke on and on about his girlfriend which bothered the other. He did not understand why but he envied Mark's girlfriend. He had developed a small crush on Mark, since he knew the other had a girlfriend he knew he would have to keep his love secreted. The tan boy realized he had been a little silent, too long when Mark had tapped his shoulder snapping him back into reality.

              "First off... I am almost positive that beautifulest is not a word, secondly I think you should get her gardenia's. They are beautiful... like you described her." Haechan had a much deeper meaning why he chose that specific flower for her, he had a secret love for Mark and gardenia's are the honest symbol of it.

              Later that night the black haired male left and the tan skinned boy laid on his bed, his stomach was twisted in a knot and he erupted in chilling coughs. His throat burned oddly and his almond eyes watered more and more as he thought about Mark. Finally after his last cough he noticed a small amount of blood lingering in his hand and there laid white 'gardenia' petals that had been doused in his droplets of blood.

               Horror shadowed his wide-eyes. He couldn't believe his own sight, he had coughed up a small, fragile petal, and moreover the petal of the flower he was talking about earlier that day. Normal, healthy people don't just cough up petals, at least that's what he thought. This has to be some type of dark magic, he couldn't comprehend how. the