Ch.1 Moving..

Most chapters will be in Kassey's point of view.

Kassey's P.O.V.

I'm in the very back of my dads 2015 Chevrolet suburban right now because of course my mom had to put ZJ's toys next to him. So I am literally stuck next to my two sisters, while ZJ who is 6 is in front of me. Amber who is 17, is on my right with her pink headphones in her ear listening to Katy Perry at the moment, while my younger sister Evelyn who's 14, is on my left filing her nails and popping loudly on her gum. At this point I wish I could've fit in the trunk but of course mom said that wasn't an option.

Well why am I in the car you ask? Because dad actually found a bigger studio in California and my cousins live out there also. My dad is a Tattoo Artist, and a piercer, but he also cuts hair on the side... Anything you want? My dad can do it, he's been doing this since he was 19. He started cutting hair at his own small shop at 24. and he is now almost 37. Which is hard to believe because of how young he looks. Everyone notices, and constantly saying dumb things like why did he marry my mom and that he could do better, blah blah... My parents love one another and he said he couldn't imagine his life without her. She's been his main support system when my grandparents basically disowned him for getting tattoos. Until we came along.

Anyways, my mom is actually 38, yes she's almost two years older than my dad. Yikes. My dad graduated a year ahead in school, which means he completely skipped his junior year, and was a senior the same year as my mom.. My parents met and became friends his freshman year, which was my moms sophomore year. They went to a charter school where it was 6th and up, just separated by different sections. My mom was my dads tutor in school to help her college resume look even better, and she actually grew fond of my father. but they didn't start dating till their senior year.

My mom actually was going to school to become a doctor but switched her majors once she got into college. She actually is a baker, and even has her own recipe book out and is thinking of opening her own shop.

We've been on the road for about 6 hours now, we just arrived in Las Vegas and stopping at a gas station, to stretch, grabs snacks and bathroom breaks, that kind of stuff ya know... we're driving from our home state Utah, which is only 11 hrs from Cali.

I make my way down the isle looking for some Licorice and pickle chips. Weird, I know but that's me. My sisters are by the drinks and my brother is over by the candies, while my parents are just waiting for us at the register and keeps hurrying us over there lol.

We finally get everything and head back into the car, this time I'm by the window. Which also means the speaker is closer to me because Amber's music was working my nerves. After listening to some country on the radio, I ended up dozing off....

~~~~~

I get woken up by ZJ yelling "WE'RE HERE, WE ARE FINALLY HERE, EVIE, stop pushing the seaaatttt!" as Evelyn is pushing ZJ's seat. Mom sighs and dad kisses her forehead.

"The U-Haul should be getting here soon, for now grab what is yours out the trunk," says my father. We all make our way to the trunk grabbing things one by one. And head towards the door, my mom comes to unlock the two story house and we all go inside, I make my way upstairs when I hear my mom yell " Your room is the second one on the left Kass!" I make my way down the hall, thank god she said which one cause there's soooo many doors, two on the left and two on the right and one door at the end of the hall.

My parents found a 6 bedroom house, with 3 full baths and 2 half bath with a 3 car garage, I don't even want to know how much this house is.. And they got lucky with this one because all the children's rooms are upstairs and the master bed and bath are downstairs, which means I have to be extra quiet walking down the stairs to get some food from the kitchen.

So my room shares the bathroom with the guest bedroom. Amber's room shares the bathroom with Evie's room, they are "Jack & Jill" bathrooms, while my brother is the single room at the end of the hall with a half bathroom in his room with just a toilet and sink, but mom said ZJ is taking baths down stairs so she can watch him.

The way the downstairs is designed, you walk through the front door where you can walk straight to the stairs, under the stairs is the second half bath, kind of like in harry potter with the room under the stairs except it's a half bath, on your left of the stairs, is the master bedroom/bath toward the back of the house. In Front of my parents bedroom is where the living room is. Across my parents bedroom is the kitchen and dining table then a door that leads to the 3 car garage.

After about 4 hours of sitting on my empty floors, the movers arrive but only have half the furniture that includes my room thankfully, the living room, guest bedroom, kitchen and ZJ's bed. I finally am able to unpack my room and bags which took about another hour, to set everything up the way I like it. I finish packing my room, take a steamy shower, get into some comfy clothes then doing my skincare before getting ready for bed...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I originally started this story when i was like 14 and am currently rewriting/ finishing it. leave comments if you like or what you may wan added.