Chapter 7

"Whee whee!" Sophie says happily again, and I just smile.

Sophie and Bunny watch as a brand new white egg with feet emerges from a plant, walking and jumping around. "You wanna paint some eggs? Yeah?" Thumper asks her. Sophie starts jumping around excitedly. "Okay!" she said. "Come on then." An army of little white eggs with feet start marching down a hill. " Rimsky-Korsakov! That's a lot of eggs!" North said. "Well duh!" I said. He gave a dead-panned look.

Jack was perching on top of his staff and looked at me. "Uh, how much time do we have?" He asked me. I just shrug. Sophie was riding on Thumper's back as they dart around the eggs. "Whee!" " Hoo-ooh!" Thumper and Sophie exclaimed. I so happy that she was having fun with one of her favorite holiday spirits.

"All right, troops, it's time to push back!That means eggs everywhere! Heaps of you in every high rise, farm house, and trail'r park! In tennis shoes and cereal bowls! Oh, there'll be bathtubs filled with my beautiful googlies!" Bunny says. Sophie is being carried by eggs and I'm floating next to her. She such a giggler. The eggs are top-heavy, so their legs are kicking up in the air. North picks one up. "Okay, that's little strange." He says. "No, mate. (He's cradling a half dozen of his painted googlies. As he calls them.) That's adorable. " I flew behind him with a painted egg."Sure it is Thumper." He looks at me and I toss him the egg and fly up looking for Sophie. What I didn't know was he smiled at me.

"There will be Springtime! On every continent. (He hops onto one rock and lifts his arms into the air.) And I'm bringing Hope with me!" He is so adorable when he gets excited. I'm watching a yeti with that painted robots in North's workshop that is now painting eggs a rich red. Thumper comes by and looks at the pyramid of eggs. "Too Christmas-y, mate. Paint 'em blue." The he just passes by in a blur. The yeti looks at me exasperated and keels over. I tap his shoulder and he looks at me. I snap my fingers and use a down word circular motion and use my Halloween magic to change them blue along with his paint. He smiles and pulls me into a hug. "No problem, you worked so hard." I said to him and flew over to Sophie.I crouch down to her height. "Ooh, what's over there?" I ask her pointing to a beautifully colored egg. She looks and walks over and picks it up.[She comes back over and holds it up for me to see.

Thumper come over next to me. "Oh oh oh! That's a beauty! Now all we gotta do is get him and his little mates through the tunnels, to the top, and we'll have ourselves Easter." He holds her hand and leads her and I out to see all of the eggs heading into the tunnels, then sits on his haunches next to her. I crouch down next to him. Jack comes up too and crouches down on the other side of Bunny. Sophie sleepily crawls into my arms and I hold her and give her a kiss on the forehead. "Not bad." Jack states to Thumper. Sophie coos and snuggles closer to me. Thumper looks at her and I."Not bad, yourself."

 "Ah, look, I- I'm sorry about the whole- you know, the "kangaroo" thing?" Jack apologized. I am so proud of him. "It's the accent, isn't it?" " It also doesn't help that your as tall as one and hop around like one." I said sarcastically. "OK, yeah sheila, that to." We all chuckle a little as North and Tooth show up. "Ah, poor little ankle-biter. Look at 'er, all tuckered out." "Yeah, she finally ran out of energy." I said." I love her. (Baby Tooth chitters and Sophie coos) I think it's time to get her home." "How about I take her home?" Jack offers. "Jack, no, Pitch is out there--" Tooth starts. "No match for this. [He holds up his staff.]" " Which is why we need you here, with us." Bunny says. "He is right Jack, I'll take her home.You stay here." I said. "Trust me, I'll be quick as a bunny. [He makes finger-walking motions too.]" He said. "I'll go with you then we will come straight back. OK Jack." I asked/stated. He looks like he wants to argue but I glare and he sighs. "OK sounds like a plan." and we are off.