Chapter 6

Sodapops pov
"She tried to use me to get you, like every broad at the school. I just didn't know she'd make it this far." Pony says walking upstairs.

"Pony come down here and apologize." It was no use, he already slammed the door to our shared room. I look back at Alayna and I guess my looks told her to explain.

"I did why you asked me to do, I told him I knew you," she takes a deep breath in before continuing, "to maybe make some new friends but he thought I was using him to get to you." She says making her voice so low it sounded like a whisper.

"I'll talk to Pony. I'll be right back." Before she could answer I run up the stairs slipping on Darry's shoe. I look back hoping no one saw but there stood a laughing Alayna trying her best to contain herself but failing miserably. I was going to tell her it wasn't funny but humor suddenly struck me realizing the scenario.

*soda laughing at himself falling*

"I better get going but I'll be back make yourself at home

"I better get going but I'll be back make yourself at home." I say quickly before placing a gentle kiss on her forehead. Wait.. did I really?
I simply smirk at what I just did hoping Alayna didn't mind.

"Hey, um Pony?" Pony looks up from his book and shuts it with his pointer finger between the pages, to keep his place. He looks unamused by my presence.

"What do you want Soda?" He growls back opening his book back up.

"I was told of what happened at school," I pause to analyze his expression but he stood still with an unreadable expression, as if he knew what I was going to say. "She's a real nice girl pone, I don't want you guys to hate each other I really don't." I silently wait for him to answer.. but he didn't. His face fell and his head stopped low, what seemed like 20 seconds later he pics his head back up.

"Look, I don't want the same thing to happen like your other relationship. You know the one with Sandy and her leaving and all. Its better to just stay friends with her Soda. I hate to see you hurt, I'm your brother and I would die before I let another broad break your heart again." Tears threatened to spill out of his eyes as he spoke. He must really have meant what he said.

"I get it Pone and if I were you I would be cautious too but you gotta trust me on this one, she ain't bad, she ain't like the other greasers and socs. I think I might love her man and I really need you to support me."

"Alright but if it happens again you owe me one." He says rolling his eyes. I nod with a great big smile and gently grab Pony's hand and lead him downstairs so he can formally meet Alayna.

Short chapter but I'll be updating another when I can🌟