Chapter 7

Alaynas pov
I sit patiently on the couch waiting for Soda to arrive from talking to Pony. I was scared out of my mind hoping what they were saying wasn't bad. I already know Pony doesn't like me and I really want him to. I'm starting to catch feelings for Soda. When I'm with him my body feels numb and I can't help but smile At the sudden gestures. The little things he does that no one really notices. Like when he holds his stomach after laughing so hard, and when his face turns red at random compliments I throw at him. Even though my head is pounding from the jump I just got from the socs he still finds a way to put a smile on my face.

I suddenly hear footsteps coming down the stairs, cutting my thoughts off. I look up and see a smiley Sodapop at the end of the stairs looking at Pony and signaling him to me. The confusion on my face must have alerted him. Because he started to rush Pony. "Go on now."

"So um.." Ponyboy says coming a step closer to me. He put his hands in his pockets and began to rock back and forth on the heel of his foot. "I wanna apologize, I feel real sorry for how I talked to you in school, I didn't mean no harm I just wanna look out for my big brother, ya know?" He takes a look at his brother and then back at me waiting for a response.

"Well I don't except your apology." I say trying to hold back a laugh. I instantly see sadness in their face but it didn't take too long for me to make their expression change to confusion from me starting bawling my eyes out from laughing so hard. "Oh my gosh Pony I forgive you, you should've seen the look on your faces." I say practically falling over.

"Hey, Soda I might get used to her now who knows?" Pony says laughing along with me. Soda still had that 'really?' Expression.

"Hey Pepsi Cola cheer up." I say walking over to him.

"Pepsi Cola huh?" He says laughing at his new nickname.

"I'm back!" Darry yells from the door. He was carrying about two bags of food from the market. He goes to the kitchen to put the stuff down and comes right back to the living room.

"Oh hey you're awake," he says smiling. "How you feeling?"

"A little light headed but I should be fine. Also thank you a lot for helping me."

"It's no sweat," he smiles and gets his keys from the counter where he just had placed them. "You ready to go?" I nod my head yes and start to walk out the door with Darry.

"Wait can I come?" Soda says making me blush a little. The thought of being next to him more just makes me feel safer and happy.
What is this boy doing to me..

"Alright but Pony you comin' too, you ain't staying here on your lonesome." Pony groggily walks over with us making us all chuckle at him.

We get to the house and I see the lights are on. Good, my moms home.

"Soda can you walk me in?" I ask smiling up at him. He was at least a foot taller than me so I had to look up at him when I spoke. He nods his head and we hop out of the car. Once I open the door to the house the aroma of food hits my nose. My mom must be cooking. I gesture for Soda to walk with me to the kitchen to meet my mom. I had to show my mom the amazing guy who saved me.