TWO

Maddie is getting ready for her lunch date with Bea. "Finally." Maddie thought to herself as she looks forward to what Bea might say to her.

From: Beatriz
Mads, see u at SB. On my way there.

To: Beatriz
Okay. Bout to drive na

Bea's really happy today. Her family's reaction towards Jho was positive. They said Bea's got a different kind of glow so they're really excited to meet who had made their baby girl this happy. But she said that she's taking things slow and that they'll meet Jho when both of them are ready.

Maddie arrived at Starbucks to a calm Bea. She's just sitting there while on her phone. But seriously, Maddie can feel Bea's aura from afar. This is good news.

"Mads!! OMG I got lots of kwento!" She excitedly stood up to hug her best friend.

"Baka siguro pwede muna akong umorder bago yan? Sobrang saya mo ata." Maddie laughed and placed her bag on the empty chair. "Promise mabilis lang 'to." And she proceeded to go to the counter. While placing her order, her phone dinged.

From: Beatriz
Bilis naaaaaa 😩

She looked at Bea and saw her making faces. She just laughed. "Ganda talaga ng mood ng babaeng 'to. Matatagalan ata kami dito today." She returned to their table and when she sat down, Bea started rambling about last night's family talk.

"So ayun nga. Kagabi ko na-confirm na I like Jhow. And so I told my parents about it 'cause I think she's different from my other crushes. And what's exciting is my family likes her. They even said na they wanted to meet Jho. I remembered all the barkada hang outs and every time we have late night talks. And I think.."

"You think what, Beatriz?"

Her eyes were full of stars. Maddie is certain her best friend is daydreaming. She was right, Bea's gonna tell her about her feelings for Jho. And she's really happy for her.

"You know what? Not yet. I'm not gonna tell her about it muna. I wanna enjoy what we have right now. Am I baduy? Hala. What is she doing to me!" Bea and Maddie laughed.

"Tama lang siguro. Tingnan din natin reaction ni Jho sayo. Malay mo di ka naman magustuhan nun." Maddie smirked while sipping her coffee.

"What's not to like?" And Bea pointed her face and body.

"Wow Beatriz! Di ko kaya yang self confidence mo ah!"

"Joke lang naman. I'll make her like me. You know, subtle lang pero sana mag-work. I really like her Mads. Iba yung feeling when she's around. I think I even had butterflies in my tummy the first time we had a decent conversation. You remember that night? I got to know her more. Pero I disregarded it, maybe it'll pass. Or maybe dahil new friend siya. I don't know. But look at me now Madeleine!"

She believes Bea is really serious. Minsan lang siyang tawaging "Madeleine" nito. Kaya nagbago rin ang isip niya towards Jho not liking Bea.

"She'll like you Bei. Ikaw pa ba? Pero as you said, dahan lang ha? We'll see. Sooner or later. Sana sooner." Maddie said with a smile.

Bea's really thankful for a best friend like Maddie. She's very supportive and doesn't sugarcoat things for her. Sometimes, all we need is a true friend and Bea is blessed for her. Thank God for Maddie.