FIVE

"I made a deal with you Jho. Tuloy or not?" Bea said as tears streamed down her cheeks. Now Jho is more confused. "Why is she crying?", she thought to herself. This was supposed to be a happy occasion.

"Maybe not?" Jho answered, clearly understanding what Bea meant by her question.

"Why?"

"What I mean is, I don't think I still have to wait until the end of the month. Aren't you happy about that?"

"I... Tears of happiness. I guess?" Bea hugged Jho tightly, so tight that even Jho's uncertainties about everything this relationship might have disappeared. What's important is now.

"Ano ba gusto mo? I mean, I'm enjoying this courting thing. If you want, ituloy pa rin natin yun but with the assurance na I'll say yes sa dulo."

Did I hear her right? She's gonna say yes eventually?

"Uy. You're spacing out. Wag na lang kaya?" Jho said as she laughed at Bea's reaction.

"Niloloko mo naman ako eh!" She said while pouting. Beatriz, stop being cute.

"Hindi kita kayang lokohin, Beatriz." She stared at her straight, proving that she's damn serious.

"Ah a-ano. H-ha?" She tried to look away.

Jho couldn't help it anymore. She moved forward and pinched Bea's cheeks.

"Alam mo, ang cute mo pag nahihiya. You blush and scratch your nape. You can't look straight. Kabisado ko na 'yang galawan mo. As far as I can remember, hindi ka naman madalas ma-embarrass."

"Eh ikaw kasi! You make me do these things! 'Di naman talaga ako ganito eh. But when you're around, you're everything I see. All I do is to make things better for you. Kahit nga simpleng pag bukas lang ng car door or pulling a chair, I do it because it's you. I've never been in a serious relationship before, Jho. And I want you to be my first. We may be too young, but hopefully my last."

"Same with me, Beatriz. I don't date just for the fun of it. I look at people's potential to be my life-long partner. So far, you're not that bad."

"Grabe naman sa 'not that bad'. So I'm just average for you?"

"Wala akong sinasabing ganyan ah!"

They both laughed it off. Jho led Bea back inside. It was getting late already and they were both tired from work, dinner, down to traveling to this gorgeous place. But no one seemed to notice it considering that both of them were too busy processing what went down today.

"Jho?"

"Hmm?"

"I'd still court you. I'd love to have dinner dates with you. I'd love to bring you flowers just to see your smile. I would even drive you to and from your office everyday if you want. It's just that, there's this certain feeling of wanting to be with you always. I don't know. Sabihan mo lang ako, baka masakal ka agad. Wala pa nga tayong something eh." Bea let out a quiet laugh and looked away.

"Ikaw talaga. Why does the future bother you too much?"

"Eh kasi I want you there. With me. Our future."

It was Jho's turn to look away, in the hopes that her gesture would make her blushing go unnoticed. But it was too late, because Bea was staring.

"Yiiie! Kinikilig ang best friend slash future girlfriend ko!!" She poked Jho's side.

"Please. Don't flatter yourself." And she rolled her eyes.

"Sungit. Tara na nga! Sleep na tayo?"

"But I don't want this day to end."

"You'll still have me when you wake up." She winked at Jho. The latter just pushed the former's face away and laughed.

Jho stood up and went to her bag. Wow, pinaghandaan talaga niya 'to. She looked at the contents of it and she was certain that Bea had this night planned for a long time. She even put in Jho's favorite Sunday dress for her to wear tomorrow. Hay, I'm super lucky to have this girl.

She then went to the bathroom to do her evening rituals. When she was done, Bea was also ready to sleep.

"Nag-shower na rin ako sa baba while I was waiting for you. I don't wanna waste time."

"Waste? Why are you wasting time?"

"Eh kasi if I wait for you, then you'll be lying here alone instead of cuddling with me already. Diba?" Bea said as she moved her eyebrows up and down. She patted the space beside her.

"Okay. Whatever you say. Besides, pagod na rin ako. Dami mo kasing paandar today eh."

"You liked it naman diba?"

"It was meh."

"Meh ka diyan! For all I know, kinikilig ka ng super." She started tickling Jho.

"Bea! Hahahahaha! Ano ba!"

"Meh pala ha. Sige. Panindigan mo yan!"

"Hahahahaha! Uy stop na! Hahahaha!"

"Not until you say it!"

"Beatriz!! Hahahaha!"

As Jho was trying to get away from Bea's tickles, she rolled and fell over the bed.

"Jho! Huy, saan masakit? I'm sorry beh. Ugh, I should've stopped when you told me to. Stupid!"

"We good. Sakit lang ng pwet ko."

"'Lika na nga!" She pulled Jho up and carried her bridal style.

"Beatriz, sobrang lapit ng kama para ganyanin mo pa 'ko. Ibaba mo nga 'ko!"

"No can do!"

"Isabel Beatriz. Ibaba mo ako o ibaba mo ako?" She raised an eyebrow and like a scared puppy, Bea put her carefully down the bed.

"Madali ka naman palang kausap eh. Come here. Akala ko gusto mo ng cuddle?"

"Eh k-kasi. Maybe you're angry with m-me?"

Jho let out a small laugh. "Too cute. Sige, baka magbago isip ko. Your cuddle will expire in 3..." And even before she could finish her sentence, Bea was already beside her and snuggled herself in Jho's neck. She wrapped her arms around her and Jho just kissed the top of her head.

"You smell so good." They both said in unison after a short silence.

"Hahahaha you creep." Jho smiled.

"Tama na harot. I'm really sleepy beh."

"Okay. Sorry." Bea kissed Jho's temple and gave her a backhug.

"Good night Beatriz."

"Good night Jho."

Home.

This is home.

I am home.

—————————————————————————

A/N:

Short update! Just wanted to deliver something kahit subpar 😅