Shit is getting Real

“If you felt nothing, maybe this will make you change your mind” he said in a low voice.

Damian's POV

I was about to kiss her, something I have wanted to do since I saved her in the pool.  But right when I was about to touch her lips, she swayed and the smell of alcohol was very intense before she fainted.

I sighed and scooped her in my arms and laid her on bed.  She looked so innocent when she was sleeping, nothing like the fiery version I had just witnessed.  It took me by surprise that she could be this passionate. 

I always preferred women I dated to be passionate in the bedroom, and beyond that they meant nothing to me.  The perks of being rich, I mused.  I had needs, and they always seemed ready to fulfil them, and wanted various things in return; money, jewellery, fame. But they always complied with my rules.  This little hellion snoring quietly on my bed was something else entirely. 

I was talking to Serena’s father about expanding into the hotel industry when I saw her run by me.  I shouted her name but she gave me a cold shoulder and ran towards the bedroom.  I saw red.  I had told her countless times that she should behave as a dutiful wife in public.

Within seconds however, Dorian ran in after her.  What the hell did he do now?  I excused myself and dragged Dorian to the corridor where the guests could not see us. 
“What the hell did you do now?” I asked.

Dorian looked positively scared and if he had done anything with Demetria, I would kill him.  I tightened my grip on him.  “Tell me” it had been hard to keep my voice low.

“She saw me with Serena in the garden.” He said, and I exhaled a sigh of relief.  But why would seeing them together make her run like that.

“I was kissing her” Dorian said and the man actually blushed.  What the hell!

“I do not want your sordid details.  Why was Demetria angry?” I asked, more concerned about her right now.

Dorian looked at me weirdly then chuckled.  “Weren’t analysing things one of your skills?  I guess marriage does change people.”

“Stop sprouting nonsense and tell me why my wife was upset” I asked.

He looked sideways and said “I think she thought I was you”

I froze at that point.  She thought I kissed Serena?  Why would that thought bother me, I had no idea.  All I knew was she had to know it was not me.

“You better get your shit together with Serena for once” I said and ran to our room.

I actually thought she would be upset, but she was more than that.  She was jealous.  And I felt happy for no reason at all.  She was all flushed.  I liked the colour on her cheeks.  I had meant to tell her it was Dorian kissing Serena, but I guess it was better she did not know right now.  I did dance with Serena because she danced with Dorian.  Why the hell was I being so childish I had no idea!

Though it did hurt that she thought I would kiss someone else.  I shook my head and went in for a shower and climbed into bed beside her.

The warmth emanating from her was compelling, and it was yet another hard night.  But I wanted to see her reaction tomorrow.  I knew she was drunk, would she remember all this tomorrow morning.  From what I saw today, she might strangle me if she finds her cheating husband next to her on bed.  I chuckled on that thought and tried sleeping.

Demetria’s POV

As soon as I woke up, I pressed my hand on my throbbing temples.  What the hell.  I opened my eyes to find that I was in my husband’s room and it must have been midday, judging by the light in the room.