Ch1

Its 1AM in the wheeler house and the whole party is still awake and surprisingly energetic.Mike, El, and Max's friendship is thriving, they all realized they were fighting over nothing and, with some persuasion from the others they finally made up. Mike and El had broken up, they realized the only reason they were dating in the first place was because mike was Els first ever interaction with a person her own age. Not to mention El was the first girl mike ever met that didn't automatically hate him. Lucas and Max were still together, their 1 year anniversary had actually been quite recently. Although Dustin wanted to feel happy for his best friend, for some reason he didn't, he felt bad because friends are supposed to be glad when the other one finds love. However, for whatever reason,Dustin couldn't help but feel his heart drop when Max and Lucas kissed. He had also recently been noticing that he felt weird around Lucas, Whenever Lucas would smile or laugh Dustin couldn't help getting butterflies. Now, a normal person would usually put 2 and 2 together and realize they had a crush, but to Dustin,having a crush on Lucas was impossible! First off, he was straight, he had had crushes on so many girls! Second Lucas was dating max, and although its not impossible to like someone who is already in love with someone else, it would be pretty inconvenient. Lastly, it was Lucas! The Lucas he had known since kindergarten!He had never felt this way bout him before so why would he know? Dustin couldn't tell you the amount of science books he had checked out that could hopefully explain what was going on with him, couldn't tell you how many all nighters he had pulled reading those books, or how many tears he had shed thinking, shit,what if I do like him? "Earth to Dustin?" "Huh?!" he said, he had been lost in his own thoughts. "Wanna watch IT?" It was Lucas. "Yeah, sure!" he said and Padded his way over to where the rest of the party was sitting and watching the horror movie. Everyone jumped as the clown unhinged his jaws and bit the Childs arm off. It was now 3:00 am in the wheeler house and everyone had fallen asleep except Lucas and Dustin who were in the "it's late and everything's hilarious" stage of sleepiness. They were laughing about something that had happened in the movie that was definitely supposed to be scary when Lucas announced that they should probably go to sleep. It was now 3:45am in the wheeler house and everyone was asleep but Dustin Henderson, what was keeping him up? What kept him up every night. Lucas Sinclair. He found himself staring, at his eyes, even though they were closed his eyelashes were still so pretty, his nose, an adorable button nose much cuter than Dustins weirdly flat one, his lips, what would it feel like to kiss them? That thought scared Dustin so bad that he didn't sleep at all that night, he kept reminding  himself, "I don't like Lucas!"