Ch. 7

Here are a few things I want to say before this chapter begins, If you have been reading this book since I first started it you might be a little confused by what year this is set in because I didn't really clarify that. It is set in the partys freshman year of highschool, I kind of figured that part out as I wrote the story so it wasn't in the introduction, but I just added it so that new readers could have a better understanding of the book. This chapter, however, is set in the summer after their freshman year! So, without further ado, here's Do I Love You-Henclair, Chapter 7!

It was the summer of '86 and the party was happier than they had ever been. El and Max had gotten together the night that Lucas and Dustin had announced they were together.

(December 6th 1985)

El and max were laid in their sleeping bags above the wheelers shaggy carpet. Everyone else was asleep but the girls, they were busy laughing about inside jokes, a concept that El had just learned about. The laughing had died down and the girls were now staring into each others eyes in the dim light of the lamp that Will and El always wanted on. The thoughts of that horrible place, that grotesque monster, they never really leave you, you know? The kids always wanted some form of light to be sure of no Demogorgon. "Pretty." El whispered. A blush immediately spread across maxs' cheeks "me?" She asked, confused. "Yes, pretty, and funny" "You too, El, you're beautiful." Max whispered. They interlocked their fingers in the dark. They loved each other, they really did.

Although El and Max got together quite early it took Will and Mike until that summer! Despite the feelings the boys had shared since kindergarten, they weren't people who were known to rush things. On June 5th 1986, the last day of school before summer break, Mike invited Will to go Get ice cream with him after school. Definitely not something uncommon, Mike and Will were very close and would often go out to eat together, so Will happily agreed to meet Mike outside the School after classes were over. "I'm so excited to finally be done with school!" Will announced as they biked to a nearby Dairy Queen. "Me too!" Mike replied quite obviously nervous about something but Will didn't seem to notice as he was so excited for The summer and what fun it would hold. They then pulled up into the driveway, ordered their ice cream, Strawberry for Will and Oreo for mike, And then sat down at a table outside. Mike nervousness just increased, it was SO obvious at this point! Will even noticed. "Hey, Mike, are you doing ok?" He asked. "Yeah, it's just, the reason I brought you here is because I wanted to ask you something kinda important." Mike replied "Oh!" Will replied, completely oblivious. "What is it?" "Um..." Mike began, a blush dusting his pale cheeks as he began to tap his foot on the cement ground. "I kinda like you. Like, more than a friend, and I kinda wanted to know if you felt the same. Imeanitstoatallycoolifyoudontwecanjustbefriendsifyouwan" "Calm down mike" Will interrupted him "I totally feel the same way! "Really?" "Really."

(July 4th 1986)

It was the fourth of July and everyone was gathered in the wheelers front lawn. Lucas and Dustin were playing with Spot, Mike and Will were sitting on lawn chairs, Mike watching as will sketched out the rough draft for a new character he was making, and Max was teaching El how to ride her skateboard. That night the party sat on the grass and watched fireworks as they shone bright in the night sky. They were the happiest they had ever been.