Chapter Six: Unspoken Heart

I know this part is completely off from the anime but hell. Gotta do whatchu gotta do.

You do know if you harm Misa, I won't hesitate to kill you.

Rem...

"Why do you care, Shinigami?"

This little scandalous relationship you have with Ryuzaki is going to cause you misfortune if Misa finds out.

Ryuk cackles.

Do you want to be the second Shinigami to die, Rem?

...

If I don't play this carefully, I may end up dead.

T H R E E
M O N T H S
L A T E R

Misa frowns. "Why can't we?! He's obviously in the way of our love and your mission!" I cringed, a pit of anger igniting in my chest. "If we kill him period, my mission to become God is over. If L dies, our cover is blown." That wasn't it.

I love him. I cannot kill him. Ryuk's words still haunted me though. I wondered what they all meant. What has L been doing? Has he found me out?

.
.

"Hey Light." I looked over at him, my body restless in the bed, his body hunched over in his usual weird sitting position in his little chair.

"Tell me, what was your childhood like?"
I smile. "It was really nothing special. Going to the park, coloring, going to the movies. I started off as an intelligent child before it became this. I mean this has always been my dream since I learned about my father's profession."

"It seems you had a fun childhood, Light-Kun."

I raised a brow. "Why do You say that?"

L chuckles. "I was just basically trained in the orphanage to be a genius. I never really had any time for that during my childhood."

"That's absurd! We have to go to the movie theaters immediately! Off we go!"

I took his hand and rushed him away from the headquarters. "But we have wor-!" I shut him up with a kiss. "We're off tomorrow. It's midnight Ryuzaki." He blushed and gave in.

.
.
.

Sitting peacefully, I glance at the clock. I've been so obsessed over time lately, it's almost as if I've become paranoid.

Maybe I'm just scared. I know what's to come of my future. His future. We are two completely different people with different viewings of Justice and the world. But somehow, we find each other in a cliché world of cuddles and kisses and endless red flushed faces.

What has become of me?

I'm weak. But I only have one weakness.

Ryuzaki.

Who knew that the popular Light Yagami would be Kira? Who knew that Light Yagami would become so weak..

"Light?" I snapped from my gaze and peered over at that monotone voice I knew and loved.

"Yes?" L smiles a bit, taking one last greedy lick of his ice cream before he swallowed. "You looked like you had a lot on your mind."

I kissed his cheek shook my head. "It's Nothing." L's flush suit him well, considering his pale skin.

"You seem to be stressed out a lot lately."
L commented, his thumb at his lips.

He took a spoonful of his ice cream and held in between my lips. I rolled my eyes and gave in with a smile. I took the ice cream, letting him feed me some. I hummed, asking him. "What flavor is this?" L looked off, back into his computer screen. His eyes widen, his body tilting off his chair. I raced to his side, catching his fallen body.

My eyes clouded with tears. My mind was racing.

My chest burned with a soaring pain of a forest fire. "Black Cherry." L etched through the pain, in a weak voice. "What?" I whimpered. I winced at my weakened voice. "The flavor was black-" I kissed His lips and cradled him in my arms. "Shh.. You'll strain yourself..." I began to sob.

"I love You Ryuzaki! Don't leave me!"

His eyes widened before tearing up. His cold hand touched my face, brushing against my cheek before it dropped beside his limp body, his other hand clenching his shirt against his pained heart. "I love You..t...oo"

An ache pained my heart. I saw Mira glare at me, a venomous expectant frown on her face.

"I am Kira."

His eyes widened before going lifeless, a single tear cascading down the side of his face. Mira skids away, giggling to herself, Rem coldly looking at me.

I warned you of this, Light Yagami

My head fell against L's dead chest, sobbing loudly, screaming in the pain I felt.

There was so much more I wanted to tell him...

So much more I wanted to do with him...

So much more I wanted to show him...

I wanted to once more taste the black cherry ice cream on his lips...

////////////////////×/////////////////////