Chapter Seven: Dying Flame

Author's Note:

Ending Chapter YEEHAW sike! There's one more. I know this one's a little short but the next one will shock ya.
sorry if it freaking sucks but I'll tune it up later ;)

Misa's POV

"I am Kira." I smiled as he finally let it out, L dying in his arms.

I skid away happily. L was no longer in the way. He would no longer come in the way of my Light's dream to become God. I heard a familiar voice painfully scream.

I whip around and gasp to find Rem leaned against the wall, her body tearing apart into nothingness. I ran into her arms.

"Rem!" I screamed, tearing up as Rem was beginning to dissipate. "Why?!" Rem smiled. "To protect you..." The last essence of Rem disappeared, my scream of horror filling the room. Light stood in the doorway, glaring at me. I ran to him and sobbed into his chest.

"She's dead!" Light put a hand on my back, his nails digging into my back. I hadn't questioned it, happily clinging to his chest in a search of comfort.

S I X
Y E A R S
L A T E R

When can I wake up without having that nightmare?

It haunted me every fucking day.

I sat up in my cold empty bed.

I shivered.

Six fucking years.

Time sure flies by, doesn't it?

Six years and I still feel this unbearable pain in my heart.

He's gone...

I watched him die in my arms.

I took a cigarette from my now empty carton and lit it.

Inhaling it, I feel my lungs begin to scream.

My throat begins to burn.

It helped though.

It really did.

They kill you but what was the point without Ryuzaki?

Without him, this world has been nothing to me.

That stupid ass ambition to become God of this forsaken world.

What a laugh.

Justice is gone.

What is Justice?

For me...it would be slitting Misa Amane's throat.

What was I waiting for?

Her Shinigami is gone.

She was right in the other room.

Rem died protecting Misa.

From what?

Shinigami's die from preventing a human's death.

I wonder.

Who was going to kill Misa?

From wandering off, I had noticed that my cigarette was gone. I sucked on my teeth and sighed, throwing the bud to the ground. I threw on a coat from the coat hanger and walked into my car.

.
.
.

I ran as fast as I could from the warehouse, my eyes feeling heavy, the sharp dulling pains of my gunshot wounds beginning to toll on my body. It wouldn't be long before...

My hand against the fence, helping me run, I spot a place to hide in.

I ran into another warehouse, laying down against the wall. My eyelids began to close, memories coming back to me.

I began to tear up and laugh.

"Ryuzaki?" I saw him there, in front of me. I reached as high as I could to get to him, but beginning to feel a darkness take over me as I could not reach him. "Please...come back! Come back to me!"

I saw no use, seeing his eyes only state into mine, a black tear in his right eye, falling down the side of his face.

I felt the darkness close my eyes for me, chuckling.

"Wait for me...L..."

////////////////////×/////////////////////