Chapter One

idio·syn·crat·ic
adjective. pertaining to the nature of idiosyncrasy, or something peculiar to an individual: The best minds are idiosyncratic and unpredictable as they follow the course of scientific discovery.

It has been only a month since Light had picked up the Death Note and agreed to the terms of the book's use and penalty. The Death God or Shinigami, as he himself so claims, stuck around Light, like gum on the bottom of your shoes, constantly pestering him. Not that Ryuk ever expected to be annoyed with from time to time -- he much expected Light to cower in his presence more than anything. Ryuk is a neutral Shinigami, meaning he refuses to pick any sides, and that definitely bothered Light.

If he was truly as bored as he said he was, why not pick the side on the table he's -- clearly expressed more interest in, and yet, no matter how much thought is put into it, Light still cannot find the answer. "No one can simply watch the works of God and refuse my blessings." He once said.  Maybe that's what made Ryuk interested in the young man in the first place.

Seeing as an imperfect form such as Light sees himself as God of the new world in its making, tickled Ryuk in such a way that he declined being biased. And of course, being an imperfect being, Light- or God, made a mistake in this 'cleansing' process, and wound up being held under investigation by Japan's Task force. Interestingly, the same task force his father is working under -- under an internal debate on whether is can be used to his advantage or would work against him. He knew what he was prepared to do.

Captured by the World's Greatest Detective. How have I gotten here, being held under twenty-four hour surveillance, Light was bewildered. Light certainly didn't expect for karma to be working against him. The World's Greatest Detective however, people described him as, well -- freakishly weird habbited, a sick but devilishly smart youngster. In that case, that makes him greatly pathetic getting caught by him, or as he thinks. L. They never expected the notoriously clever L to look like this. To -- behave like this. Or was this the behavior of true intelligence? 

After slaving away for hours in front of evidence and murder patterns, theories lined next to suspects, L decided everyone had been making enough progress to rest the mind power. Light understands working per each role as God and a God slayer would be playing with fire, but  Light's already underestimated Ryuzaki once already after all. Light huffed in utter boredom and began to doze off. The handcuffs rattle slightly, reminding him of his imprisonment. Light glanced at the man a seat away from him, sitting in his unusual position, staring at the screen intensely. L wasn't exactly someone Light liked making conversation with, because of the detective's superstition and wit. L's pale, smooth lips mutter just barely, eyes darting over the screen. 

Unfortunately for Light, the clock now read 4:36 PM, which was visiting hours. Right as he came to realization, the shrill, high pitched voice called out in a sickly honey filled manner, "Light!" He groaned to himself and rubbed his temples harshly. Light put on a sickly dreadful smile and stood up, greeting the blonde model. "Hello Misa. How was your day?" As she rambled on, he sat in my seat and held a intrigued, caring facade. The only thing Light bothered to listen to was a question addressed to L. "Hey Ryuzaki! Can Light and I go on a date anytime this week?" Light mentally thanked Ryuzaki for saving his ass and simply replying with a, "No Misa, as I've told you before, he's under twenty-four surveillance and under the task force's authority."

Misa left with a pout, not without a few more words, rambling. Not that Light was paying much attention.

Light's eyes tore themselves away from the clock as he yawned. "Hey, Ryuzaki." His eyes left his screen and were fixed at Light. "Shouldn't we head off to bed now? It's almost Eleven." "Yes I suppose I could continue working in there then. Watari, please update the recent files in the folder." Light's ears perked at this, curiosity swimming in his head. No -- there shouldn't be any information whatsoever that helped convict him as Kira. He was careful with Ray, more than careful. Nobody knows that he was in contact with him before he died, and there should be no evidence of that, right

This could be bad. He need to be the God of this world, plague justice and rightful judgement into those who don't deserve to live for what they have done. "Light, are you alright? You seem to be in deep thought." He nods and replied with a smile. "Yes, I'm fine. It's just that, with all that's been going on." "I understand. After all this scenario is out of the ordinary."

Their room was pretty simple, but the bed was unmade, there were clothes onto the floor and plates from Ryuzaki's cake from a few hours earlier. He plopped his body into the bed, not bothering to take off anything else besides his shoes and belt, falling into a restful, dreamless sleep. Or so he thought. It lasted quite shortly, the metal cuff around his wrist spinning around his hand, the rattles of the chain growing more intensely as he awoke. The soft clicks of the computer's keyboard was almost unheard over the sounds of the handcuffs. 

Light struggled a bit, but managed his button shirt off of his body. Trying to coax his mind back to sleep, this plan was soon interrupted by a sleep rasped monotonous voice, "Aren't you going to change into more comfortable clothes rather than a uniform Light?" It took a moment for Light to respond. "Just tired is all. Of course, you'd have to watch me, right?" L didn't break eye contact from the digital screen, just gave a simple nod. It wasn't like Light had minded, after all, L did say he considered the two of them to be 'friends' in a way -- but that wasn't concerning. 

Why did my heart just jump, Light swallowed thickly. "Well, I suppose it would save me the trouble of cutting off my circulation to something." Light stood from the bed slowly, reaching down into his unzipped suitcase for some night clothes. A black T-shirt and sweat pants peaked his interest from the bottom of his suitcase, changing quickly in order to avoid peeking eyes. When turned around, L's eyes were burning holes through his head and then slowly turned back around. Such a creep, Light thought. L had muttered only small and words he couldn't understand, pulling the covers over himself once more, closing his eyes.

(REWRITE)