Chapter 1 ~ Confession

Marinettes pov
It was 2:16 and school had just ended. I'm gonna do it. I have to. I've had a crush on Adrien for two years and it's time I told him.

I was so scared that he would reject me, but I had to take the chance. I had been planning this day and building up courage for the past 3 weeks. I knew exactly what I was going to say.

I took a deep breath.

"You got this girl. I believe in you," said my best friend, Alya. I nodded and walked up to Adrien.

He looked up at me. "Hey Mari," he waved and smiled. God I loved his smile. It's perfect. Just like him. "Hey, can I talk to you for a second?" I asked. "Yeah sure" he replied.

We walked over to the far end of the school. My heart was beating a mile a minute as a clutched my sketch book against my chest. "So, what did you wanna talk about?" he asked in a sweet tone.

"Well, I wanted to tell you something," I said and he nodded. I had rehearsed what to say over and over again. But at this moment, my mind went blank and my nervousness was all I could think of.

"I-I wanted to tell you that-that... That I really really like you Adrien. As m-more than a friend," I stuttered out. "I've liked you ever since you gave me your umbrella on that rainy day. You've always been so kind and sweet to everyone, even if they don't deserve it"

Adrien looked shocked. His beautiful bright green eyes were wide open. I couldn't tell if it was a good sign or not.

"Mari," he started to say, "I like you too, but not in that way. I'm really sorry. But we can still be friends," he offered a slight smile.

My heart shattered at his words. I didn't know how to respond. An ocean of tears threatened to spill out of my eyes, but I held them back.

"Oh. I-I understand. I sh-should go"

I didn't wait for him to respond. I turned around and took off.

"Mari, wait!" he shouted. I heard the sympathy in his voice. But I started running as the tears I was holding back sprang out uncontrollably.

He ran after me but I quickly went into an alleyway and hid behind a large garbage can.

A couple minutes later, I looked around and Adrien was no longer there. No one was. So I sat there and cried. I cried my eyes out. Everything hurt.

My heart had been shattered like a broken mirror and the glass was scraping my insides.

I like you too, but not in that way. I'm really sorry. But we can still be friends.

His words rang in my ears, haunting me.

Friends

That was all we would ever be, and I couldn't stand it.

I loved Adrien. Not just liked. Loved. He was the one person who brought me more joy than anyone or anything else.

I sat there for so long in constant pain and it consumed me to the point where I was crying so much that I could barely breathe.

I looked into my bag and saw that Tikki was asleep. I don't know how she was able to sleep with my constant cries, but I was glad she was. I wanted to be alone. I didn't want to talk to anyone. I didn't even want to hear anyone's voice.

I then took out my phone and checked the time. It was 9:52. I had been here for hours, but I didn't really care. I had a lot of texts and missed calls.

Mom - 16 missed calls
Are you almost home? - 2:46 pm
Where are you? - 3:34 pm
Please answer, your father and I are getting really worried - 3:58 pm
Alya called and said that she saw you run off crying. Are you ok? - 4:12 pm
Mari honey, please answer - 6:03 pm

Dad - 11 missed calls
Your mom and I have been calling you for a long time, where are you? - 4:22 pm
Did something happen? - 5:33 pm
Please answer - 8:09 pm
Alya said she was going to go out looking for you - 9:15 pm

Alya - 13 missed calls
I saw what happened, are you ok? - 2:34 pm
What did Adrien say - 3:07 pm
I swear, I'll whoop his ass if you want me to - 3:45 pm
Mari, seriously are you ok? - 3:50 pm
Text or call back, I'm starting to worry - 4:01 pm
I called your parents and told them what happened - 4:19 pm
I'm gonna go out and look for you, your really starting to scare me. It's getting late - 9:10 pm

Adrien - 3 missed calls
I feel really bad about what happened, can you please call me back? I'm so sorry - 2:56 pm

Nino - 1 missed call
Hey, Adrien told me what happened and said that he was really sorry - 3:06 pm
Ayla just texted me and said you weren't answering, is everything ok? - 4:12 pm

I'm such an idiot. I made everyone worry about me. But once again, I could hardly think about it. All I could focus on was the excruciating pain spreading throughout me.

Then I heard my name.

"Marinette! Are you out here"

"A-Alya" I said quietly, but she still heard me.

She ran into the alley and saw me and immediately bent down and hugged me.

"Oh my god. I'm so glad you're ok. Everyone was so scared that something really bad happened and that you were hurt" she said as she hugged me tightly but gently.

She backed up and looked at me.

"I am hurt Alya. It hurts so bad" I said in soft tone. You could hear it in my voice. I was heartbroken and full of pain.

"Oh honey," she said hugging me once more "Adrien is a blind idiot if he can't see how amazing you truly are. Have you been crying here this entire time?"

I nodded and more tears dripped from my eyes.

"C'mon" she said, "let's get you home"

She helped me stand up and she grabbed my bag, phone, and sketch book that were all on the floor.

We walked back to the bakery and my parents ran up and hugged me.

I asked them if Alya could stay over a little longer and they said yes, so we went up to my room.

"How are you feeling?" She asked

I didn't respond. I sat on my bed and tears started to fall once again. Alya noticed and she walked up to me and put her arm on my shoulder.

I gave her a tight hug and cried into her shoulder. My crying eventually slowed down and I fell asleep. Alya layed me down on my bed and left.

She was such an amazing friend. Why do I even need Adrien when I have friends like her. Who am I kidding. I loved Adrien and I always would.