Chapter 4 ~ Kidnapped

Marinettes pov
As Volpina carried me across the rooftops to who knows where, I listened to her advice. I stopped trying to get free, and I accepted my fate.

But all I could really think about was Chat. He must be so worried. If I had just gone back to my house with him instead of trying not to look 'suspicious,' I wouldn't be in this situation. What was I even thinking. Like, why would anyone even notice something like that.

Before I knew it, we were at... The Agreste Mansion?

Wait... I once had a theory that Gabriel Agreste was Hawkmoth. But then he got akumatized. Maybe he akumatized himself on purpose?

Volpina snuck into the house. I was so scared as to what was going to happen. I shut my eyes as she carried me along.

A couple minutes later, I hear his voice and I open my eyes immediately.

"Hello Ladybug" says Hawkmoth

"Why did you bring me here?!"

He looked at Volpina and nodded.

She turned to me and tried to take my earrings. I blocked her hands but she pushed me up against the wall. I struggled to get her away from me but she still managed to take out my earrings.

There was definitely a bruise on my back. I tried to get my Miraculous back, but I felt something being stabbed into my arm and then all I could see was black.

...

I woke up strapped to a table, and my ankle had a metal chain on it that was attached to the wall.

I started to freak out. This was bad. Really bad. I was having a panic attack.

"Calm the hell down" Volpina said.

Hawkmoth wasn't in the room. It was just me and her.

She walked up to me and raised her hand up. She was holding a knife. I starting breathing heavy and fast.

"Hawkmoth already has your Miraculous, so he doesn't really need you anymore. But of course, he can't risk you telling anyone what happened or where his hide out is. So I thought I'd have a little fun"

"Please. Please don't do this" I begged.

"Please don't do this" she mocked me.

She lifted up my shirt and put the point of the knife on my skin. I was so so scared. I didn't know what to do. She pushed.

I started screaming. "Stop! Stop please!!"

She continued carving something into my stomach.

"Stop! Please, make it stop!" I was screaming as loud as I could.

It felt like I was on fire. It hurt more than I thought possible.

"SOMEONE HELP ME PLEASE!" I begged and pleaded but nothing worked. When she was done cutting my stomach, I thought it was over. She walked away as tears cascaded down my cheeks. But she came back. With a lighter.

"No, no, no. Please Lila, Stop!"

"Don't call me that. My name is Volpina"

She lit the lighter and grabbed my arm.

I tried my best to pull away.

I continued to beg for mercy but she didn't listen.

She put the lighter under my skin, just close enough to burn me. It was a slight burn, but a burn nonetheless.

Everything hurt so bad. She continued to burn me in different places as I screamed and screamed. But no one heard me. No one helped me.

I could only think of two things.

1. What did I do to deserve this? What did I ever do in my life to deserve this torture? Everything hurt. And all I could do was let out blood curdling screams of pain.

2. Chat Noir. I wanted more than anything to be back at home, laying in my bed, playing video games with him. Did he even notice that I was gone? And if he did, did he care?

Thoughts like that made it hurt even worse.

Finally, Volpina stopped. But my body still ached with pain. Blood dripped from my stomach and I had burns all over my arms and legs.

I gently lifted my head to see what was on my stomach.

Three words.

Worthless

Alone

Nothing

And at that moment, the thought of being back with Chat Noir and being with Alya were the only two things that made me think those words weren't true.

Chat Noir/Adriens pov
Skip back to when Chat and Lb separated.
I made my way back to Marinettes house as she was detransforming somewhere nearby.

Before we left, I didn't get to tell her my identity, but I have to tell her now, and pray that she doesn't hate me.

I jumped onto her balcony and went through the window, which was still open, and sat on her bed.

I was thinking about her possible reactions to me telling her who I am.

I broke her heart. Will she ever forgive me?

About 10 minutes later, she still wasn't home and it was worrying me.

I waited a little longer. I didn't want to panic for no reason.

I checked the time. My breathing got heavy. It's been an hour, where is she?

I went out of her room, hid, and detransformed.

I walked into the bakery and saw her parents.

"Hi, can you get Marinette for me?" I asked her mom.

I wanted her parents to know she wasn't here so that they could do something about it.

Its not like I could just tell everyone she wasn't back yet from saving Paris.

"Hello Adrien! Of course I can get Marinette!" Mari's mom said.

"Marinette!" she shouted, "Come down, someones here to see you!"

I already knew she wasn't going to respond, but it still gave me a horrible feeling not knowing where she was.

"Marinette!" her mom said once more. "Hold on Adrien, I'll go get her"

She walked up the stairs and I heard Mari's door open, then her mom ran back downstairs.

"She's not here" she said in a calm yet panicked voice, "Tom, did you see Marinette leave?!"

"No, why, is she not here?"

"Adrien, you should leave. I'll tell you when we find Marinette, ok?"

I nodded and left.

I took a deep breath of worry.

Where are you Mari?