Chapter 5 ~ Oh My God

Adriens pov
It's been a week. A week since I've seen my Princess. M'lady. Buginette.

I knew she was in danger, but I had no idea where she could be.

I was sitting on the Eiffel Tower, transformed into Chat Noir, when I saw him.

I stood up. What is he doing here? Does he know where Marinette is?

I followed him into an old, empty parking lot.

"Hawkmoth!" I shouted and he turned around.

"Ah, Chat Noir. You know, I was hoping I would see you," he said, "I assume your looking for your precious Ladybug"

"What did you do to her?" I asked in an angry tone. I swear to god, if he even touched one hair on her head.

"Wouldn't you like to know"

He only made me more angry.

"Where is she?!" I shouted.

"That's for me to know, and you to wonder. But you'll never find out. She deserves everything that's happening to her" he responded.

The anger boiled through my body and I could no longer hold it in. I ran up to him and attacked. He will not get away with hurting my princess. I already did that once and I regret it more than anything.

"Where. Is. She" I said between hits.

But as much as I hit him, he didn't seem to be damaged.

"Oh you'll see her soon enough," he said.

Then, all I could see was black and I passed out.

Hawkmoths's pov
Things were going exactly as planned. It was perfect. I took Chat Noir back to the lair where Ladybug and Volpina were.

I already had Ladybug's miraculous, I just needed his. But I wanted to play with them a little. When Marinette woke up I wanted her to see Chat Noir. Then I wanted her to see me take his Miraculous, just for the fun of it.

I finally arrived at the lair and I tied Chat Noirs hands to rope attached to the wall about 4 feet from where Marinette was strapped to the table.

They were both asleep, as was Volpina on the other side of the room.

Hopefully, they'd all wake soon.

Adrien/Chat Noirs pov
My eyes slowly started to blink open.

Where am I? I thought.

I looked over to my side.

"Oh My God" I whispered.

"Marinette?"

She was strapped to a table. She had burns, bruises, and dry blood all over her.

"Marinette!" I shouted.

Please be alive. Please.

"Marinette!! Mari wake up please!"

I tried to go over to her, but I was tied to the wall.

I tried to use my foot to pull the table closer, but her foot was chained to the wall, so it wasn't any help.

Tears began springing from my eyes.

"Marinette, please!"

I looked at the floor and continued crying.

"Don't leave me Princess"

"Ch-Chat?" I heard faintly.

I looked up, "Marinette! Oh my god, your alive!"

"Of course *cough* I'm alive. S-Silly Kitty. I'm so glad your here" she said.

"And I'm so glad you're ok. We need to find a way out of here so that I can get you to a hospital"

"I'm afraid that's not going to happen" said Hawkmoth as he walked in.

"Marinette is hurt! Take my Miraculous and let me help her!"

"Chat, no" I heard her say quietly.

"Volpina" he snapped.

She ran up to where Marinette was and I strapped her and released the chain.

What was he doing?

She tried to get up and run over to me but she clamped down on the floor and grasped her stomach in pain. There was dry blood all over it.

"Mari, don't move, you'll only hurt yourself more," I told her, so scared that she wouldn't make it.

Hawkmoth walked up to me and started to reach behind me for my Miraculous. I attempted to kick him away with no success.

"Mari, I'm so sorry!" I shouted right as Hawkmoth took off my Miraculous.

Marinettes pov
"A-Adrien" I said, speechless. I didn't know how to react.

"Adrien?!" Said Hawkmoth.

He quickly untied his hands.

"Go" he said.

What? He was letting him go?!

Cha- Adrien looked shocked at first, but then punched Hawkmoth and took back his ring.

"Give me Marinette's Miraculous. Now!" He said.

Why was he doing this?

He lied to me. Did he ever really care about me?

Adrien/Chat Noir's pov

I was going to take Mari's Miraculous back, take her to the hospital, and then when she's ok enough to go back home, I'll talk to her. And beg for her to forgive me.

"I said, now!"

Hawkmoth actually looked like he was going to give up. Why? I don't get it.

He walked over to Volpina and took something from her. He walked up to me and handed me the Ladybug Miraculous.

As confused as I was, I ran over to Marinette and started to pick her up.

"Stop" she said.

"What?! Mari you need to see a doctor immediately. Please, just let me help you"

"No! You broke my heart. You rejected me. You destroyed me! But then you, as Chat, you built me back up. You told me you loved me!"

"Mari, I do love you!"

"Then why did you reject me!"

"Because when you told me you liked me, I barely knew you! But we started to get closer when I was Chat Noir and I fell in love with you."

"You're only saying that because you know I'm Ladybug!"

"Mari, look at me"

She looked up from the floor. "I fell in love with you before I found out you were Ladybug. And for once in the past two years, I started thinking about someone other than her. Well, you technically are her, but you know what I mean"

She lightly chuckled. "You mean it?" she asked.

"More than anything"

She smiled and her adorable face lit up.

I slowly leaned in and our lips gently touched.

I pulled back and kissed her on the forehead.

"Come on, lets get you out of here."

I picked her up bridal style as I started to search for the exit.

"Not so fast," said Hawkmoth, "I thought about it, and I changed my mind"

Hawkmoth swung his staff at us, but mainly aimed at Marinette.

A deathly scream echoed throughout the small, dark lair.