Chapter 7 ~ Chloe... And Lila

Marinettes pov
As Adrien and I sat down and watched Cartoon Network since nothing else was on, I was thinking about the times before I was kidnapped.

It sounds weird, but I don't remember it very well. Being tortured kinda took up a lot of my brain space.

I then remembered something. That text I got from Adrien's phone.

When I received it, despite Chat Noir's certainty that it wasn't him, I thought that it might've been Adrien. But now I know it obviously wasn't since he was with me when I got it. But I was curious as to who did send it.

I had a small hunch that I knew who sent it. I mean, she does hate me for some weird reason that no one will ever know. Like, seriously, I have only ever been nice to that girl. Except for maybe a couple times when I wasn't.

If you haven't guessed yet, I'm talking about none other than the diva herself - Chloe Bourgeois.

"Adrien"

"Yeah"

"Do you remember that text I got before I was kidnapped?"

He looked at me. "How could I forget? I felt horrible about it. I was really nervous that you thought I said all those things."

"I have a feeling I may know who really did send it"

"Wait, really? Who?!"

"Well I don't have any proof, its just a feeling. I think it might have been Chloé"

He didn't look very shocked, "To be 100% honest it makes sense. I'll go talk to her soon"

"I think I should talk to her," I said, "I want to stand up for myself. I love you, but you don't have to fight all of my battles."

"You're so cute when you're tough."

"Adrien, I'm being serious."

He put his hands up in defense, "Seriously, you're really cute"

I chuckled, "Well, I may be cute, but you are absolutely adorable," I tapped his nose with my finger.

"I think I'm gonna go look for Chloe and ask her about it now."

"Are you sure you'll be ok?"

"You don't have to worry about me Kitty," I said, "I'll be fine."

I stood up and before walking away I put my hand on his head and messed up his gelled blonde hair.

"I'll see you later," I said.

"Bye."
...
As I was walking around, I didn't spot Chloe so I decided to go to her dads hotel. She's usually somewhere around there.

When I was in my way to the hotel, I saw her sitting at a bench of the sidewalk, talking to Sabrina.

I took a breathe and walked over to her.

"Chloe," I said as I was right next to where she was, "I-"

"Oh my god, Marinette!" She jumped up and hugged me.

What the heck?

"Uhhh, what exactly did I miss here?" I asked.

"Don't be silly Mari! You were kidnapped. I feel horrible about it after all the bad things that I did to you," she said.

"Were you the one who sent me that message from Adriens phone?"

"Omg, I'm so sorry about that. None of that stuff is true, I just thought it was kind of pathetic that you told Adrien you liked him. No offense."